Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I shudder

So I received a question a few weeks ago in the comments that I didn't see until today.  Sorry about that.  I did respond there but figured I'd put it here as well just in case it's not seen there.

Melanie Alger said...
Does getting braces hurt? I have to get them soon, and I'm kind of scared... :P
March 03, 2013 3:58 PM
Delete

BloggerKatrina said...
Sorry, I just saw your comment. Hopefully this isn't too late getting to you.

They do hurt, not gonna lie about that. Let's see, when they were first put on I think it took just about two weeks for the teeth to finally not hurt so much. I actually lost a few pounds because I couldn't eat much more than soup and potatoes without it hurting. Although it didn't stop me from some things such as pizza. Heh

Since then with the adjustments every month it usually just hurts for a couple days. Until this last time because he "doubled up" on the wire. Hurt almost as bad as the very first time. But it only lasted about half the time so that was nice.

I just keep telling myself that when it's all over I'll be a happier person. It helps, sometimes.


So yeah, since my last post it did take about a week for the pain to finally ease up.  Now I just feel that some are loose again so they're moving still.  But at least they don't hurt.  I guess you could say one or two are sensitive but not really painfull.  And then it's usually just when I brush my teeth.  I use a Sonic brush so the vibration sometimes hurts them a bit.  In fact when they were first put on in December for about a week I couldn't even use the vibration mode, had to brush like it was just a regular brush and even that was pretty tender.

_________________________________

So what's been going on in the last week and half?  Not much really.  The money for the auction still has never come out of our account.  I've asked HDT to get ahold of them to find out what's going on but he hasn't yet.  I hate, hate, hate being on the phone so unfortunately for him most of these types of things fall to him.  He hates it but really only because he doesn't think I should so much.  He actually LIKES talking on the phone.  Shuuuuudddddeeeeerrrr.

We're pretty boring people really.  Not much else has happened.  Oh one thing did.  I finally decided to watch the first episode of Vampire Diaries that's been in the Netflix queue forever.  And I've completely gotten hooked.  I watch the show when HDT is at work or going on raids in Star Wars, the online RPG that he plays.  But he still catches things every now and then.  So I'm able to "talk" to him about it from time to time.  It helps with the crazy.  HAHAHA   Yep, totally hooked.

We watched an episode with our friend Manon when we were up in Canada visiting her and Mark back in October.  It was in my queue then but we had/have so many things to watch already that I just never got around to watching until now.  She was very willing to answer my and HDT's questions.  I never knew Ian Somerhalder was a bad boy, always thought he was a good vampire.  But I guess that's because he was such a good boy in Lost.  She said he's been the bad boy since the beginning.  And sure enough he has. 

That's really about it.  We may or may not have company over tonight.  Jim's sister's birthday is this week and they were wondering if we'd want to hang out tonight, maybe play some games.  I'm leaving it up to HDT on whether we'll do it or not.  I'm good either way although I am leaning more towards no but that's just because I get antisocial sometimes.

Media quote of the day:  From the Pilot of Vampire Diaries

For over a century I have lived in secret, hiding in the shadows, alone in the world, until now. I am a vampire. And this is my story.  -  Stefan Salvatore

I shouldn't have come home, I know the risk, but I had no choice, I have to know her. - Stefan Salvatore

Dear Diary, today will be different, it has to be, I will smile and it will be believable. A smile that will say "I am fine, thank you... Yes I feel much better." I will no longer be the sad little girl who lost her parents, I will start fresh, be someone new. It's the only way I can make it through.  - Elena Gilbert

I promised you an eternity of misery, so I'm just keeping my word. - Damon Salvatore to Stefan

No comments: