Friday, June 30, 2006

Waking up sucks!

The worst thing about waking up some mornings is when you wake up in a panic. This morning was one of those wake ups.

See, I have cats and they're fed at specific times of the day. I usually get up around 5:30 for their breakfast. This morning the alarm goes off for just such a feeding and I hit the off button and remove my eye mask and the sun hits me square in the face. It seems too bright and I glance at the clock. It's saying 7:30. Oh shit Oh shit Oh shit! I'm supposed to be up no later than 7:15 to make it into work on time. I grab my watch to verify the time and it says 5:30 , whew, total relief.

I sit there for a few seconds calming down then feed the little monsters, reset the clock and timer and lay (lie? whatever) back down. The alarm goes off in what feels like only 15 minutes but I hit the snooze and glance at the time, making sure it's still correct, it is. So I commence hitting the snooze a few more times, I'm allowed to hit it four times, on the fourth time is when I'm to get up. Yeah, I pretty much snoozed through that fucker so by the time I get up it's actually 7:25. Luckily for me it's a Friday before a holiday so the roads were pretty well empty and even though I left the house 10 minutes late I still made it to work 10 minutes early.

It's my husbands fault. Hi honey, love you. We had to go see Superman Returns and the only time we were able to go was 10:00pm. I didn't get home and into bed until around 1:15am, I'm a very tired chick right now.

Media quote of the day: Wake me up before you go, go - Wham

No comments: