Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lemon cake - good

So we had a nice weekend with his family.  At least most of the weekend was with his family.

Friday was his niece's birthday so we went over to grandma's for dinner and cake.  His sister provided the pizza and his mom made the cake.  The cake was a panda which is his sister's favorite animal.  I had the ears and they were yummy.

Saturday we hung out catching up on dvr'd shows while he also played Star Wars.  At some point Jim sent a text to HDT asking if we'd like to see a movie.  So he came over, they went out and picked up dinner and after eating we headed out to watch Wrath of the Titans in 3D.  I enjoyed it.  There were times the 3D was annoying but for the most part it was just part of the movie.

On the way home I decided to run by a grocery store that I can only get my caffeine free dew.  And while there we decided to also pick up a pizza for later.  And then while discussing what pizza to get HDT mentioned we had steaks that needed cooking so Jim bought himself one.  We got a few other groceries and then headed home. 

By the time we got the replacement kerosene tank and prepared the food it was almost midnight when we sat down to eat. 

No long after I was just too tired to stay up so went to bed.  Jim was planning on leaving then but apparently stuck around.  HDT finally crawled in to bed around 4:30-5:00 and said that Jim had left only about a half hour before.  Silly men.

Sunday morning I was up by 9:30 and decided to mow the lawn since it was needing it pretty badly. I was done by 11.  I heard HDT's alarm going off when I walked in the back door so figured he'd be getting up soon but he just kept hitting the snooze.  I decided to lay down on the bed while waiting for him to get up reading my twitter timeline.  He finally did around 11:30.

I made a turkey sandwich to eat along with a yogurt to tied me over until we went to his grandma's for Easter dinner.  As we were getting ready to leave he got a text from his mom asking if we were on the way since dinner was ready.  When we got there they were still preparing stuff - so - not quite ready.  But that was good since it takes about 15 minutes to get there from our house.

Dinner went well.  Desert was another cake his mom made.  A lemon one in the shape of a butterfly this time.  It was really good.  I just may have to make a lemon cake at some point.

HDT decided to fly his kite so we two, his niece and Poydras went to the field just down from the house.  We were out there for about 15-20 minutes.  Kylie was interested for the first few minutes but then decided whatever Poydras was wanting to get was way more interesting.  But that's ok, HDT and I had a good time.

After going back inside we visited for a little while longer then his sis and niece left.  We stuck around for another hour or so then finally headed home ourselves.

Watched some shows then headed to bed.  Over all a nice visiting weekend. 

Media quote of the day:

We may not be gods. But we do what people say can't be done, we hope when there isn't any... whatever odds we face, we prevail. - Andromeda - Wrath of the Titans

No comments: