Thursday, October 17, 2013

Quick update on biopsies

So I had my biopsies yesterday.  A stereotactic one on the right breast for the calcifications and an ultrasound for the dense mass on the left.  I'll get my results on Friday at 3:00.  Ugh, I hate having to wait.

The right breast was pretty darn easy.  No issues while doing the procedure and little to no bruising.  My left on the other hand is a different story.  The needle used was different and I don't know if it was that or what but the first sample he took he must have just nicked a vein.  Apparently it happens because there are so many in the breasts.  Anyway, it bled and he started applying major pressure right away to stop it.  I had no idea that had happened yet, just that he was mashing down my breast and it was NOT pleasant.  But eventually the bleeding stopped and he was able to continue.  Took about four more samples then had the nurse apply pressure with an ice pack again to make sure I didn't get a hematoma.  It's very bruised and a little warm now but no hematomo at least. 

Besides going to the grocery store to get a few things we did a bunch of nothing for the rest of the day.  I sat on my ass resting watching tv.  They didn't want me to do anything at all that could cause an issue and I wasn't to lift anything over 10lbs.  HDT was very good about not letting me do that. 

I had my neurology appointment this morning to discuss my abdominal pain with him to see if it could be abdominal migraines.  It's not.  The doc says that those are mostly nausea with some pain but not real bad.  Mine are very bad pain with nausea.  And also I had some episodes while on a preventive for the head migraines so it's very unlikely they would've occurred then.

So they're still a mystery and we'll go from here and just monitor them as they occur.

Good times.

no media quote today.

No comments: