Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Update 9/17 - 19/10

So this was a weekend of catch up sleep for me. The week of the vacation and last week I didn't get much sleep at all. I knew this but still didn't think it was all that bad. But Saturday morning after getting up with HDT at 5:30 to help him get ready for work I went back to bed and slept until just before 11:00. I woke up a few times but it was really just to roll over. At one point I thought I was awake enough to get up but after petting Poydras for a few minutes I guess I fell back asleep.

I got up and got ready to do the grocery shopping, came home put everything away, made a sandwich for lunch and watched a few X-Files. During the 3rd one I started to doze off so I turned off the tv and laid down on the couch for a nap. I set my timer for an hour so I wouldn't sleep too late. When it went off I decided to take a bath in hopes it'll revive me, plus I wanted to soak the tattoo as it's still peeling. I figured the warm water and steam would help slough off some of the top layers of dead skin. It did.

HDT got home a little after 6:00 and we made hamburgers for dinner. Watched some tv then went to bed. I went to bed with him but stayed up reading for an hour or so but was asleep just before midnight.

Sunday I was up by 9:00 and feeling more awake finally. Made myself some breakfast and, did a load of laundry and watched some tv. I finished the X-Files show I was falling asleep during then watched a few recorded shows of Hoarders and Hoarding: Buried Alive or whatever it's called. Some of them just want me to get up and clean/declutter and others just skeeve me out completely.

I watched the last 6 minutes of the Bears/Cowbays game, yay Bears! and then after mowed the lawn. We had ground bees in the front yard and every time I'd walk right next to or over their hole a few would come flying up to see what the hell was going on. They never bothered me or even came close to stinging me, if anything they'd try to attack the lawnmower. Well, as I start in on the front lawn I notice a patch of dirt where it looks like the grass quit growing more than anything. By the time I get close enough I see that it's actually kicked up dirt like an animal had been making a hole. Then I realized that it's right where the ground bees hole was. Sure enough a large hole has been dug into the ground, I'd say about the size of a Hills Bros. coffee can, maybe even a bit bigger. There are two tunnels off of it, one goes north and the other goes northwest. There were also 5 piles of feces just a couple of inches surrounding the hole. They're bigger than what Poydras leaves so I'm figuring whatever it is is bigger than him.

We have skunks in our area but they've never made a hole in the middle of the yard before; they have made their home(s) in our culvert under the driveway though. I don't know what else it could be though if not a skunk. HDT said he saw a raccoon the other day, which is unusual actually. In all the years (10) that we've been in the house we've never seen one before. But I've never heard of them living underground. And there's no way it could be any of the many rabbits since the droppings are clearly not a rabbits. So yeah, I guess we'll have to keep our eyes open to see what it could be or somehow try to close it up.

After mowing I cleaned up and read for awhile then HDT got home and played with Poydras for a little bit in the backyard. I made chicken breasts and noodles for dinner. We watched some Grey's Anatomy season 5 shows and in between would switch over to the Giants/Colts game since HDT had one of the Colts players on his fantasy team.

Around 10:30 or so I went up to bed, read for about a 1/2 hour and the finally laid down to sleep. HDT finally came up around 2:00.

Friday night we thought about going to see a movie but by the time he got home from work he was exhausted from a rough day so we nixed that idea. We just watched some recorded shows and some Grey's Anatomy. We also played a few games of dominoes. I was kicking his butt too but then it got too late for him to stay up since he had work the next morning so we had to stop before reaching 100.

Today I finally feel rested so I guess I caught up on the sleep I needed.

Media quote of the day:

Sleep. Just one beautiful night's sleep will make everything better... again. - Dexter

No comments: