Friday, December 14, 2012

Merry is being not so Merry lately

So the latest....

We were going to be total geeks and see The Hobbit at 12:00 this am.  I even bought tickets for the 12:02 showing since the 12:01 was already sold out Wednesday when I went online.  I had told HDT that we shouldn't be going because I had to work the next day and our company end of year party (so called because one of our employees is a Jehovah's Witness and she couldn't attend if we called it a Christmas party) is tonight.  And then he ended up having two appointments today, one as early as 10:30am.  The movie is just under three hours long.

So yesterday around 5:00 he gets a call from his mom saying she thinks his grandma is about to pass.  She has labored breathing, she hadn't eaten anything all day and she was pretty much comatose all day.  His mom is watching her granddaughter so HDT left work right away to go pick her up because she doesn't need to be there for that.  By the time he got there she was sleeping peacefully and was breathing just fine.  He was able to wake her up and drink some water with some thickener in it.  Then she went back to sleep. He still took K though and told him mom to call if things got worse again.

Then we met up at his dad's house to celebrate his stepmom's birthday.  His sister was there with her two kids so K was excited to spend some time with them until they left. 

While there he starts to get really sleepy and says to me that maybe we shouldn't go to the movie after all.  He's tired, been up since 5 a.m. By the time we drop off K and then get home it'll be after 9:00 and then we have the things to do today.  Yeah, that's why I said we shouldn't go in the first place dude. 

So yeah, he called to find out what we can do about getting a refund.  Unless we went up to the theatre to state we wouldn't be able to make it we couldn't get a refund (which I also told him).  But we could use it as credit towards another showing of the same movie or another.  So we'll probably make it up there some time this weekend.  At least that's the plan.

And so far today he hasn't gotten a call from his mom about grandma so she must be doing ok today.  Fingers crossed. 

Merry is being a terror towards Pogo way too much.  Twice that we know of he's chased Pogo up the stairs and around the living room.  In there Pogo gets away and runs into the bedroom closet to hide.  The first time it happened it was at 3 a.m. earlier this week.  He had a tuft of white fur in his mouth and we saw the spot that it was taken from on Pogo.  So we quickly clipped nails that we had been neglecting and gave Pogo lots of love to calm him down.

Then the other day he does it again around 5:30 p.m.  I'm sitting in the kitchen waiting for my mom to come pick me up to do some shopping.  It's nice and quiet, I'm playing Song Pop on the iphone and next thing I know I'm hearing hissing and spitting and running up the stairs.  Pogo goes flying past me with Merry close on his heals.  And as they're running around the coffee table Pogo gets ahead of Merry and makes it into the bedroom closet before Merry knows what happened. 

I pick Merry up by the scruff and sternly give him a talking to.  Then I go find Pogo and give him love and comfort. 

Who knows how many times he's done this when we haven't been home.  He and his brother really need to get neutered.  Because of different reasons we haven't been able to get it done.  But HDT is planning on taking them in for the initial exam next Wednesday and then from there he'll make their appointment.  So hopefully within the next two weeks it'll be done.

Damn kittens.

Media quote:

None right now, don't feel like researching.

No comments: