Monday, May 28, 2007

Sorta sad

Happy Memorial Day everyone.

My day will be spent writing this, reading the sites I haven't been to in awhile (or at least just 1 or 2 entries), mowing the lawn and doing a little shopping. There will be no gathering at anyone's home for me. H Ditty has to work until 6pm, sucks to be him.

We saw the 3rd Pirates movie yesterday afternoon. It was good, enjoyed it quite a bit. It wasn't as good as the 1st but it was better than the 2nd. Which was the same for Shrek 3.

Ya know, it's kind of sad after you're done watching an anticipated movie or tv show. Sometimes even a book, such as the Harry Potter ones. It's not the big build up/bad let down thing I'm talking about. It's the Christmas Day thing. You spend all this time looking forward to something, anticipating how good it's going to be and it is. Sometimes even better than what you thought. But after it's all done you're sad, because it's over and there's nothing more to look forward to. You can watch/read it again but it doesn't hold the same wonder as it did before. You can enjoy it for something else because now that you know how it ends you can look for other things that you might have missed the 1st time but still it's sort of a let down. I'm not explaining it very well, at least I don't think I am. But that's sort of how I felt on the way home from the theater yesterday. Sometimes it's a feeling of wanting more and that is also how I was feeling yesterday. I'd like them to do a 4th but it should be it's own movie, not part of this one.

Damn, once again I had a few ideas of what to write about and now I can think of the others. So I guess I'll have to think of something else.

We've caught up on all the shows we watch except for Desperate Housewives. We finally went to do that one the other day. We have 5 of them and when I went to the oldest one and we're looking at the previously on portion to get reacquainted with it there's scenes that we never saw. It turns out that when I set this show up to record I set to only save 5 showings. As a new one would be recorded the oldest would be let go. Before when we were keeping up it wasn't a big deal but when we started getting behind I forgot the setting was like that and never changed it. So now we have to figure out where we left off and watch the shows online. Oh well.

We're both pretty pissed that Jericho got canceled. That was great show and deserved a lot more people watching it then were.

For any of you who happen to watch UFC. Did you watch the Liddell vs. Jackson on Saturday? Wow what an ending!! Actually all of the fights. I think that was the best show ever. Usually there's one or two fights that are boring as all get out but every one of these were something to watch.

Well, I still can't think of the other things I wanted to write about and it's getting late in the morning so if I'm going to get done everything that I need to today I better get going. Have a great day everyone.

Media quote of the day: Did no one come to save me just because they missed me? - Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

No comments: