Sunday, June 3, 2007

Fire good, Rain good, It's all good

So I saw Gremlins for the first time last night. It was a midnight showing. I'd seen different scenes before but never the whole thing. It was pretty funny, I enjoyed it.

I also enjoy a good fire. Yesterday my brother's stepdaughter had her 8th grade graduation party. Well, more a cookout with family and some friends. But later in the evening he started up a campfire that those two had prepared the night before. A small group of us sat around it bullshitting before we headed out to see Gremlins. All but my brother were seeing it for the first time. My niece's best friend fell asleep during it but for only about 15 minutes so she didn't miss much.

I also enjoy thunderstorms and the one we just had didn't last nearly long enough. And it also wasn't stormy enough. It came out of nowhere, with the rain coming pretty much straight down and the thunder wasn't close enough to be very loud but at least I still heard it. And now it's back to being sunny as can be like it never even happened.

I have a Pretty Boy that keeps walking back and forth in front of me and head butting me just begging for attention. It's as cute as can be but I wish he'd just lay down already and go to sleep. Once he settles he'll do it in between my arms. Which usually ends up making my left one go a little numb after awhile from lack of movement. Aahh, there he goes. He's now hunkered down and I can open my eyes back up to see what I'm typing.

I just started on the 4th book of Earth's Children. It's the series of books that starts with The Clan of the Cave Bear. It's really a very good series. Much better than I ever expected it to be.

Oh well, that didn't last long. He's back up and walking back and forth again. My face is gonna be all itchy soon. Now he's decided to go hunker down on the couch. All that rubbing on me for nothing. What a damn tease!

The guy who started work at the same time I did was out every day last week. Not sure if he's gonna have a job when he comes back. The only thing that'll save him I believe is if he has a doctor's note. Both bosslady and bossman are showing signs of disappointment in him. Especially since we've been there 5 months now and he's still asking how to do some of the simplest things. And although he called in Tuesday and Wednesday he didn't talk to bossman, he just left a message with the receptionist. On Thursday he had his fiance call in and she did talk to bossman and said that he's still throwing up and that she was taking him to the emergency clinic later that morning. On Friday when no one called in bosslady called the hospital that it would make the most sense that he'd go to and asked if they had a patient with his name. The nurse came back on said that they have someone with that name along with the middle initial of W in their emergency waiting room. Turns out that that is his middle initial. Now that's one of two things. They really didn't go anywhere on Thursday and he decided he better go somewhere on Friday to cover himself. Or they did go to a clinic on Thursday and it didn't help so they decided to go to an actual hospital. I guess we'll find out tomorrow, maybe.

Ya know, it's getting close to a year that I've been doing this. Seems unreal to me. I don't have a whole lot of steady readers but that's ok. I didn't get into it for the readers, although I appreciate you all, I got into for a sort of diary/journal of my ordinary little life. Every time I start doing one on paper it would only last for a maybe a week and then I stop. And even then I didn't do it every day for that week. Although I don't come on here and write every day either it's much more steady. Plus it's much more faster than writing by hand, that's for sure.

Oh well, I guess that's it for now. I'm gonna go find something to do.

Media quote of the day: I've seen fire and I've seen rain, I've seen sunny days I thought would never end, I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought I'd see you again - Fire and Rain by James Taylor

1 comment:

Dan said...

I have a Pretty Boy that keeps walking back and forth in front of me and head butting me just begging for attention.

Very sweet! Our cat does that to us much of the time as well. I sometimes have to drop whatever I'm doing just to play with her.

Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary!