Monday, August 13, 2007

He's home

So, he's home safe and sound. Snatched him from the airport on Saturday around 6ish (in the p.m. that is). Went home and he showed me all the gifts he bought, including mine. Then we, well, you don' t need to know what we did after that. Heh. Then we went out to dinner. We both were looking forward to getting a nice juicy steak but when we got to the restaurant there was a 45 minute wait. Sh'yeah right, we were too damn hungry for that so we left and went to an Italian restaurant instead. I still got a steak and although it was pretty good it wasn't anywhere near as good as it would've been at the steak place. But that's ok, he got his favorite dish at his favorite Italian eatery (not the garden chain but a local place) and even had some left over for another meal.

I've been wanting a new pendant for my necklace for a while now. The one I've been wearing he gave to me for Valentine's Day way back in 1986 for our 1st V-Day together. It's pretty and it suits me just fine, it's a heart with a rose laying on top of it, but the style is a little outdated. So what he bought me is a circle that half is yellow gold and the other half is silver with a small diamond in it. They're also separated, you know like those hearts that are cut in two and usually "best-friends" wear them. Well, this is made to wear together and it fits with our wedding rings. Our rings are yellow gold and platinum, but still since platinum looks like silver it looks the same. The only thing is I'll have to get a new chain for it to look better. The chain I have is just a little too thick since the pendants are small. Not sure if I'll get a gold or silver chain. I prefer gold but my watch is silver so I may go with that. I don't know, I guess it'll depend on what looks best with the pendents.

Sunday was originally supposed to be traveling to a parent's home or two but that didn't happen. I let him sleep until he woke up on his own which was 1 o'clock, cooked breakfast for us both since I hadn't eaten yet either and was starving by then. And then we lazed around together watching World Series of Pop Culture. He spent half the time on the couch with me and half on the computer working on the photos that he'll be exchanging with everyone this evening.

I'm supposed to be meeting him after I get off of work at the restaurant where they're all supposed to be having dinner and exchanging their photos. They should be done eating by the time I get there but that's ok, I'm not a fan of Mexican food so I'll probably nibble on the chips until we leave. Although they do have fried shrimp and the last time I got it it was pretty good. I don't know, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Ok, I gotta get going.

Media quote of the day: He needs to go home, he's calling his people, and I don't know where they are, and he needs to go home. - Elliot - E.T." The Extra-Terrestrial

6 comments:

Dan said...

Then we, well, you don' t need to know what we did after that.

LOL!! Good for you! I'm glad you enjoyed the weekend with H Ditty! Hugs.

Katrina said...

Tee Hee

Thank you

Katrina said...

Oh yeah, I put the wrong date on when he gave me the Valentine's Day gift. I put 1986, it was actually 1996.

Lulu (Dan's cat) said...

I stopped by to visit Pretty Boy. Is he home?

Purrrrrrr ...

Dan said...

Lulu! There you are! Get back here! Stop bothering Katrina!

Sorry about that Katrina. :)

Lulu, stop clawing me!

Katrina said...

Hi Lulu, I am home but it's kind of difficult for me to get on here since poppa keeps getting in my way and won't let me on as much as I'd like.

But it looks like your poppa took you home already. Hmmm, maybe I'll go over to your place.

Pretty Boy, dang, maybe I should get my own account to so that way I can have my face up there instead of The Brat Prince's.