Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I'm hungry!!

I don't know what to say but I feel like saying something. Maybe I should do one of those free association posts. You know the ones, where you write down whatever comes to mind. But the problem there is that I keep thinking about work. And there's nothing interesting about that, at least not right now.


I'm not angry at anything or anyone right now. There's nothing coming up that is all that exciting. Well, that's not entirely true. We are going to see Weird Al Yankovic (is that spelled correctly?) this Sunday night. Hmm, I better make sure I have the tickets.


I was looking into booking a hotel room in Chicago for Labor Day weekend for a nice romantic getaway. I didn't book anything because the three hotels I looked at were all way too damn expensive. The cheapest was for $189.00 a night. Now granted, they were all by the lake and Navy Pier and all 4 star hotels. So yeah, couldn't really expect them to be cheap, but damn. Turns out it's a good thing I didn't book anything though. I completely forgot that that weekend is the fantasy football draft weekend. We have it at our house every year since H Ditty is the commissioner. I guess a weekend getaway is just gonna have to wait.


HD works 12 hour days. He works today and tomorrow. He works from 6:00am to 6:00pm. When I got to work this morning he had already Emailed me giving me a list of the 3 days he has to work overtime. The 3rd day is no biggy, it's on the 31st. It's his day off but since we're not doing what I had planned that weekend (see paragraph above) it's ok. The 2nd day is this Sunday, the say day as Weird Al. Now, it's not until 10:00pm but Weird Al doesn't start until 7:00. So that doesn't leave much time. I have no idea how long his concerts last but I have a feeling we'll have to leave before it's over. Unless HD is able to go in at 11:00 instead. I've asked him to see if he can but he hasn't answered me yet.


The 1st day is tomorrow. Tomorrow people, after he's already worked 12 hours. He's to work from 6 to 6 and then go in 4 hours later at 10pm and work until 6am. Another 8 whole hours. That doesn't even seem legal. But as mentioned, he hasn't answered me yet so who knows, maybe he's actually getting out earlier than 6pm tomorrow.


Boy, it's a good thing Blogger started this automatic save stuff. My computer did one of those the Internet had a problem and we're shutting it down things. But because of this auto save stuff it was all still there. Blogger can suck sometimes but other times it's pretty damn good. But since it's free who am to bitch about it.


It's now later in the morning. 11:25 to be exact. They had to shut down our Internet for a short while so they could work on it and I just now had a chance to come back.

Update...HD sent me an Email saying he looked at some of the dates/times wrong and that he'd be sending me a corrected list but that was around 9:30ish and I still haven't received anything. But he did say that it wasn't illegal to do those hours. Unreal, it should be.

I'm starving but I still have 35 minutes before I can go to lunch. And I don't want what I brought. That sucks big time because there isn't any place close by that would be a quick in and out except for Mickey D's and I don't want that. Which means I have to eat what I brought. Ugh!

Media quote of the day: Sometimes it's as simple as turning 10:30 in the morning into... lunch time! - Gob - Arrested Development

Why does lunch have to be so dull? - Ron Michaelson - Arrested Development

No comments: