Monday, September 10, 2007

What to do? What to do?

So our two year anniversary is coming up the 1st weekend of October and I've been sitting here for the last 3 hours looking shit up to do. We were going to go to Door County, Wisconsin, which is a place I've been wanting to go for many years now but we're going to have to scrap that idea. We've just got too many things that need taken care of around the house that'll be costing us money so we have to scrap that idea. So I've been checking out places to go and things to see that we can do within a few hours drive at the most or just a few minutes away at the least.

I've also been wanting to go on an architectural tour of Chicago for several years now and there's still tours going on in October so maybe we'll do that one of the days. We've both taken the whole weekend off along with Friday and Monday so we'll have several days to do things.

One thing that's almost 100% sure is going to Zanies Comedy Club on the 6th. That was the place of our first date and where we went last year for our 1st year anniversary. We'll probably invite some friends and/or family to come along but after we'll head home on our own for the other tradition we started. Which is watching The Princess Bride.

There's so many different things that are going on that I'd like to do which is actually a hindrance because now I can't make up my mind what I'd like to do. Although I see that there's some caves not too far away that we'd be able to go which look really cool. There's an apple festival going on in a historic town not too far away. There's Chicago itself and all it offers. There's this really cool place called House on the Rock that I haven't been to since I was a kid and that I've been wanting to go back to again.

I just don't know what I want to do but I do know I don't want to just hang out around the house doing nothing like we do most every weekend. I don't want to spend a lot of money either, that's the whole reason of not going to Door County but I want to do something.

For the most part everything I do want to do there won't be any problems with. Although reservations can be made for them, none are required so I don't have to make up my mind tonight. Which is good since it's 11:05 now and I've got to start getting ready for bed.

Goodnight all.

Media quote of the day: The real truth is, I probably don't want to be too happy or content. Because, then what? Even I actually like the quest, the search. That's the fun. The more lost you are, the more you have to look forward to. What do you know? I'm having a great time and I don't know it. - Ally McBeal

No comments: