Thursday, December 27, 2007

On Christmas we made it to his sister's house just after 7:00 but no one was there yet. Turns out they were on their way home from watching The Waterhorse. His nephew really liked it but it reminded their father and his sister's boyfriend of Free Willy. Said it was good but too much like Free Willy.

We weren't their 15 minutes and his step mom started passing out the presents. Sad that two of the items they gave me had to go back. One was a protector for my iphone, but I like the one I have, they gave one to HD too but he doesn't need two of them. Also they gave me a headset but the round part that goes in my ear is too big. It wouldn't fit at all. They gave HD an external hard drive from Apple for his lap top but it's a smaller version and he wants the big one so he took all of those items back yesterday and will get the larger version. We'll either get me a different headset from Apple or go with another company that we were looking at on line on the 24th. It never occurred to me to even think about the part that goes in my ear but it should have. The ear pieces that go with the cord that came with the phone barely fit. The slightest tug on the cord pulls it right out.

They also gave me a new nail kit with a pink bag to put everything in. And some lounging clothes. They're black and white with a fleur-de-lis on the left side of the chest, can't remember if there's a pocket there or not. I'm hoping it fits. My SIL, who had my name on my side of the family, also gave me pajamas. The bottoms fit with no problem but the top is a little snug. But they're really really soft so I'll probably wear them anyway. Just one more incentive to stick to the weight loss resolution this year.

Yesterday was back to work day. I really didn't want to go. And although it was nice and quiet it was a long one. Although hectic days can wear you out they at least go quickly. Today is another one: quiet but long. It's only 10:40 and it feels like it should be 12:40. Oh well, back to it.

Media quote of the day: Let's free Willy! We can take him by the bay, and put him back in the water. - Jesse - Free Willy

No comments: