Thursday, January 17, 2008

I HATE MY HEAD!!

So yeah, more friggen' headaches. Except for Saturday I've had a headache/migraine everyday again for the last two weeks. All last week I took either Motrin, Excedrin Migraine, Aleve or the Imitrex. Saturday I was ecstatic that I had no pain but it came back on Sunday. I took 2 Motrin around 2ish and a 3rd around 4ish. The pain was basically gone by nighttime. But on Monday when it was back but not real strong, more annoying than anything, I figured that it was BECAUSE of all the medicine I had been taking. That it was a residual headache. So I didn't take anything at all Monday or Tuesday even though on Tuesday it got worse as the day went on.

Yesterday as the morning progressed it got really bad, migraine bad. So I called my neurologist to make an appointment and luckily they had a cancellation at 1:15 so I said I'd take it. Let my bossman know I'd stick around until it was time to leave to make it there and afterward I was going home to rest.

I let Dr Neurologist know that I figured the stuff going on last week was either weather and/or hormone related because our weather was all over the place and I was on my period. I also let him know that I figured the ones from this week were more due to all the drugs I had been taking before. He agreed with me that it could have been any one, any mixture or all of them combined.

So he gave me another prescription for the steroid that I had taken last time I had headaches for 2 weeks straight to break the cycle once again. For those of you who don't remember or didn't see the post from before it's a 6 day medicine. I take 6 the 1st day then 5 the 2nd and so until I'm down to 1 on the 6th day. He said that if this should happen again that he was going to put me on a preventative. He said he could tell from the look on my face that I didn't want to do that but he'd rather have me on that then going through daily headaches/migraines and then going on steroids to get rid of them again and again. I agreed with that more so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't happen again.

He asked if we had made a follow up last week and I reminded him that we did, for April 9th. He said to keep that date but of course to let him know if anything happens again like this. Said just one or even two, unless they're back to back, I don't have to worry about calling. Only if there's several in a row again.

So I took 3 of the dose of 6 when I got home and laid down on the couch to take a nap. Before bed I took the other 3. Today I feel better although I still have some pain. The head pain has mainly gone away but I've had forehead and sinus pain all day long. I keep rubbing my nose, from the top down both sides. It makes it feel better while doing it.

I've decided to work through it today but if the same type of pain is here tomorrow I'll call the pharmacist and ask if I can take a sinus medicine on top of it. I can't imagine not being able to but it's better to be safe then sorry. Oh damn, now that I'm writing this it seems to me I remember reading before that I can't take anything with acetaminophen in it and most if not all sinus medicine has that as an ingredient. Damn, I guess I'll have to check the paperwork when I get home to be sure.

On an up note, at least the 6 taken yesterday has made me feel a little better. Enough so that a couple people at work even commented that I sounded/looked a little better so that's good.

Media quote of the day: Hey! What I just did gave me a fucking migraine! So if you don't pipe down, I'm going to yank your sack off like a paper towel. - Rufus - Dogma

Such a good movie, hmmm, did I use this quote already? Oh well, who cares, it's a good one.

2 comments:

saintseester said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are still having these headaches. Don't take any sinus remedy with sudaphed in it with prednisone. Trust me - it will make you batty, nervous and is probably really, really bad for you.

Katrina said...

I decided not to take any. By the time I got home the pressure was a little better and the next day it was even more so. But that's good to know. I could just see myself trying to work and then drive home all nervous. Nope, no thank you.