Monday, September 29, 2008

One Week (slighty less than really)

Man I can't wait!!!
________________________


Saints win! Saints win! Saints win!!
________________________

We still haven't booked a place for vacation yet but that's because we've only received a response from one place so far. And unfortunately they don't take pets. We'd like to be able to take Poydras if at all possible. So I sent Emails again to 3 of the other places we've considered. One of which, per their website anyway, accepts pets. One other didn't say one way or the other so I had to ask. So far I still haven't heard back from any of them but I did just send the Emails less than an hour ago. But if I haven't received a response by the time I get back from lunch than I'm contacting the only place that responded and see if they're still available. We just won't be able to take him. As sad as that'll be it won't be too bad. We won't have to worry about leaving him alone for long periods during the day and I won't have to worry about getting up at 4am to let him out.
________________________


I went to my mom's house yesterday for a few hours to meet with her, 4th brother and some cousins for a family reunion meeting. Looks like we'll be having a reunion on the last weekend of July in 2010. My family is huge and at the last renunion we had over 300 people. And of course that wasn't everyone either. A couple of the cousins thought that was too long to wait, that we should have it next year. But as big as our family is and all the planning that will be required to pull it off, next year is just way too soon. Long time readers my recall, if not no biggy, my mom is #12 out 12 children. Eleven of them lived beyond the age of 17 and produced several children of their own. Only one had two kids, all the others had 5 or more. I'm #56 out 58 grandchildren. Yeah, we're huge and it takes a long time and a lot of planning to pull off one of our reunions. But the last one we had was in '97 so we're long over due. So far I haven't been put on any committee, if I'm lucky I won't be. I am so not a planner or organizer when it comes to these types of things. I'm more of a worker bee, let me know what you want done and I'll do it, just don't make me have to make any major decisions. I agonize too much on whether it's the correct one to be making or not.
_________________________

So let's see, what else has been going on.... oh yeah

DEEEEEEUUUUUUCE!!!!!

Saints win! Saints win! Saints win!!

Media quote of the day: “It was pretty exciting to get in the end zone after not playing for a year. I had to let Patrick Willis know that I still had it and that I could go over the top. It felt good just to be able to get in the end zone.” -
Deuce McAllister on his touchdown yesterday

No comments: