Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekend Update 2/18-20/11

So another boring weekend basically.  Friday right after work I went and did the grocery shopping so I wouldn't have to do it over the weekend.  HDT was supposed to work his normal weekend 6am to 6pm but one of his coworkers had been in a single car accident a few days ago and was pretty sore so she called in Friday night.  So they sent him home early so he could go back at 10pm.

So he was sleeping when I got home from shopping.  I put the groceries away and made myself some dinner.  Got him up at 9:00 and saw him off to work.  I crawled into bed to do some reading but didn't last very long, was pretty damn tired so turned out the light around 10:30 or so.

Because of that I actually woke up at 7:30 and was pretty much wide awake.  I had bought the makings for a stew the night before so I threw all that in the crock pot to cook all day.

HDT got home a little around 8:30 or so and we made some breakfast and watched a show or two then I put him to him bed.  I sat in bed with him reading while he slept.  Eventually I decided to get up and take a bath and read some more.  Exciting!  Then watched some tv until it was time to get him up at 6:00.  The stew was ready bu 4:00 and I was pretty darn hungry then so after dishing it out in individual serving sizes I had some for a late lunch/early dinner.  HDT had some when he got up as well. 

We were pretty much out of our recorded shows and I had been telling him about the kid from About a Boy being all grown up and looking really good - compared to how he did in the movie.  Not that he was bad, he was just a bit goofy, all big teeth and weird, weired left eyebrow.  I know he's seen the movie but he swears he never has so I went to grab it from our DVD's to put in to show him.  But, along with several other movies, it's disappeared.  Have no frickin clue where it could be.  So damn frustrating.  So I turned on the Netflix instant queue and turned it on.  I fast forwarded to a few scenes with the boy and he still swore he had never seen the movie.  So, since he was leaving the couch and going on to the computer to play WOW I rewound the movie to start it from the beginning.  He enjoyed it but still swore he'd never seen it.  Whatever, I know better.

After that I put on the next Buffy the Vampire Slayer show from season one that was ready to go.  He called the coworker that had gotten in the accident at 8:30 to make sure she was going into work since she hadn't called in to say she wasn't going.  She was going in so he didn't have to, which was really nice.  He told her to give him a call if she found that she had bit off more than she could chew and needed to go home though.  But she never did.

So we continued to watch Buffy until I got so darn tired I had to go to bed a little after 1am.  He showed up about 2:30 and then had to get up to go to work for his regular 6am to 6pm time slot at 5:00.  I slept until 9:30, it was nice and dark when I got up still because of all the rain.  Good day to stay in bed but I couldn't so I got up.

While watching tv throughout the day I did some laundry and dishes.  Just after 12:00 HDT called to say he forgot his phone and asked me to bring it to him, so I did that as well.  Then he calls me a little while later to say Jim would be coming by after he (HDT) got off of work to bring the girls by to drop ofour girl scout cookies and collect their money.  I can be really antisocial, especially when it comes to kids, so I wasn't particularly happy about it.  But I made myself decent for company anyway.

When 6:45 hit and none of them were there yet, including HDT, I started to get my hopes up that they weren't coming.  But a little after 7:00 Poydras starts barking and growling like crazy.  He had been up on our bed sleeping the afternoon away and the driveway is right next to our bedroom.  So when he heard them he reacted.  They were there for about 10 minutes or so when HDT called to say he was on his way home. 

I cooked a pizza for us for dinner, the others had already eaten and were snacking on some pretzels.  The tv was on but the sound was on mute but when it switched to NBC and the SNL backstage moments show we turned the sound on and watched it.  The youngest started getting really sleeping just after 9:00 so they were out of there by 9:30.  HDT and I finished watching the show and a little of the news and then watched the 48 Hours Mystery that recorded the night before.  When it was done it was close to midnight so I headed up to bed.  He showed up about 3:30 or so.

Yep, we live a pretty boring life really.

Media quote of the day: 

Not sure which show this is from but it's definitely from the tv show Buffy the Vampire Hunter

I just get messed sometimes. I wish we were regular kids. - Buffy Summers

I'll never be a kid. - Angel
All right, a regular kid and her cradle-robbing, creature-of-the-night boyfriend.- Buffy Summers

And this is from About A Boy

I got the letter. Thanks. - Marcus

Oh my God. I'd forgotten. - Fiona
You forgot? You forgot a suicide letter? - Marcus
Well I didn't think I'd have to remember it, did I? Did you read the part where I said I'd always love you? - Fiona
It's a bit hard for you to love me when you're dead, isn't it? - Marcus

No comments: