Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend update 5/13-15/11

So let's see.  For the most part this was an uneventful weekend really.  It was his weekend to work and he didn't get his 8 hour day on Saturday since he switched so he could get out early on Tuesday when we took my mom out for Mother's Day.

Friday after I got off work I debated doing the lawn.  The grass was over a foot high in some places.  Our lawnmower was in getting serviced and the company he kept calling to come out and do a spring "cleaning" was basically ignoring him.  So while we were waiting for them to call back and the mower to get it's tune up the rain was coming down and the sun was coming out and the grass was growing like crazy.

So yeah, I was debating on taking care of it then or waiting to do it over the weekend.  But since there was a high chance of rain for both days and HDT said he'd help when he got off of work on Friday I decided to go ahead and do it then.  I started in on the backyard then did the small side yard and decided to wait for him to get home to get the front and other side yard done.  He got home around 6:30 and shortly after that we headed out.  He was weed eating while I continued to mow.  He also did some edging along the front sidewalk and the driveway.  Looks much better now.  We also chopped down some bushes that were growing on our side of our neighbors fence.  Pain in the ass bushes.  We finished up around 8pm and let me tell you we were a couple tuckered out people we were.  We had some dinner and watched a show or two and then headed to bed.

Saturday I decided I'd get the shopping done and out of the way and of course when I get home and am putting things away I realize I forgot a couple things.  Even with a list I forget things.  UGH!  But I didn't want to go back out so didn't. 

Oh yeah, while getting ready I decided I'd just go ahead and cut me some bangs.  I've been wanting to do so for awhile now and finally just did it.  I've never done that before.  Sure I've trimmed them myself but never actually given them to myself.  My heart started beating hard when I made the first cut.  But I actually did pretty good.  Now I just need Jess to come in and soften up the sides, maybe give some layers to the rest of the hair or at least just along the sides of my face.  I'm happy I did it though, that's for sure.

For the rest of the day I pretty much watched my recorded shows, played with Poydras and did the dishes until HDT got home. Then we had dinner and watched some shows until we went to bed.  Actually, I sat up in bed reading until a little after midnight.

Sunday I decided to do the same as Sat and run out right away and get the few things that I forgot about.  Grabbed some McD's breakfast, oh how I love their hashbrowns and watched some more of my recorded shows.  After eating I put a flank steak in the slow cooker with some bbq sauce and a can of diet coke to cook all day.

At one point I got a pretty bad headache and was feeling rather tired so I went up to bed and set the alarm for an hour.  I dozed on and off for most of that hour and decided to reset the alarm for another hour as I was still feeling tired and headachey.  But after about 15 minutes I realized I wasn't going to be able to fall asleep again so I just snuggled with Poydras for awhile. 

Finally I made myself get up and finish the dishes (pots and pans) from the day before.  Made myself a bologna sandwich and then decided to start watching Lost again.  I was able to watch the first two shows before HDT got home.  Just after 6pm the flank steak was done so I shredded it up and put it back in the pot to simmer until he got home.  Pretty much had just thrown the whites in the wash when he got there. 

We made a couple sandwiches and put the rest of the meat away in the fridge and headed downstairs.  Played a game of backgammon, I won, so I put in Ally McBeal.  After the show ended I was getting ready to set the game up again when he said not worry about it just play another episode cause he was heading back to his computer anyway.  So that's what we did for the rest of the evening, watched Ally while he was on the computer.

At one point I went into the laundry room to put the whites into the dryer and noticed the sump pump had quit working.  Luckily it once again just moved enough that the floater got stuck.  Once he moved it it worked just fine after that.

Media quote of the day:

Guys, where are we. - Charlie from Lost

No comments: