Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Birthday weekend

So it was my birthday on Sunday.  I'm an old 42 now.  Since it wasn't a milestone birthday and I really didn't care what we did we didn't do much.  Saturday evening we collected Jim and went to see a couple movies.  First was Chronicle, which was a fun movie over all, about as good as expected what with all the twitter love it was gettin.  Then we went to Chili's for dinner then headed up to a different theater to watch Safe House.  Which was actually better than I expected.  I do love me some Ryan Reynolds and Denzel Washington.

After that we just headed home where we just hung out for little while before Jim went home.  Then HDT and I watched something, can't remember now, until I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore and crawled into bed around 2:30.

Sunday I got up long enough to let the dog out to do his business, feed him and the cats and then I crawled back into bed for some more sleep/rest.  I woke up fully around 9:30ish or so but lazed in bed reading my twitter feed until just around 11:00 when I started to feel really hungry.

HDT got up while I was making blueberry muffins for brunch.  Then all we did was sit around doing a bunch of nothing all day.  Just started catching up on all our DVR'd shit that's been piling up.

I did get on the treadmill though for a quick walk/jog. Oh yeah, HDT and I are once again trying to be better with the food and exercise.  So far we've been pretty damn good.  It's only been a week but I think this time we'll do much better than other times.  We shall see.

So around 4 I went up to soak in the tub and then get ready to go out to dinner.  I decided on Outback for my steak dinner, mainly because it was the only place I could get garlic mashed potatoes.  Then he surprised me by going to Red Lobster for the worst best dessert ever:

It's their chocolate chip molten cake.  Full of huge calorie goodness.  But I don't care since it was for my birthday.

We went to Walmart afterward to pick up a few needed items and both of us were walking around groaning from our stomachs being so full.  It wasn't until close to 10 that I was finally back to feeling normal. 

A nice relaxing, well entertained and well fed birthday weekend.  Tonight we're supposed to be going over to his grandma's for his mom to make me a birthday dinner.  That'll be nice.


Media quotes of the day:

There's something wrong with Andrew - Matt Garetty - Chronicle
______________
Yes, it was the black guy this time... - Steve Montgomery - Chronicle
______________
I'm not your only enemy tonight. - Tobin Frost - Safe House
______________
How am I supposed to get more experience by staring at four walls all day? - Matt Weston

No comments: