Thursday, March 1, 2012

I'm on a sandy beach every time I walk in my kitchen

So the kitchen floor is complete and it looks absolutely terrific.  HDT and Sarge did great.  HDT admits that Sarge did most of the actual laying of the tiles but he still did a lot himself.  He did just about all the cutting needed, of which there was plenty, and a lot of other stuff needed.  The grout is a little lighter than what the color sample on the bag looks but I still like it.  Very, very happy we didn't listen to everyone else and go with a dark color.  It blends in and I see the tiles not the lines.

It's like a sandy beach but without all the sand getting in places it doesn't need to be, love it.  Now we just have to get around to getting the walls prepped and painted.  With us being the King and Queen of Procrastination who knows how long that'll be.  But that's ok, the floor is done and that's the most important part.

They had to take the kitchen door off to do the work and we both agree that it looks better with it open.  It came in handy when we had to lock up Poydras in the kitchen but now that he doesn't chew on things and there's no worry about accidents we don't need it anymore.  And when we need to lock up the cats we can just do it in the bedroom.

Happy!!
____________________________

I've been wanting to see The Woman in Black ever since I first saw the trailer for it last year.  We finally saw it last night.  We took his mom and she had no idea it even existed.  We all three liked it.  It was a good little creepy movie.  I thought Daniel Radcliffe did very well in it.  I didn't once see Harry Potter which is a really good thing. 

HDT said as soon as it was over that he didn't like it but I think it was just because of the ending, which I of course won't disclose here.  But then as we talked he admitted he did like it.  I, for one, liked the ending.  His mom was making jokes about having to worry about dreaming about the creepy old lady face.  Which I find amusing since she takes care of her mother who has Alzheimer's and has gotten up in the middle of the night a few times.  The good thing is, even though she's an old lady, she's a tiny old lady and as sweet looking as can be.  Not scary in the least.

Media quote of the day: 

I will never forgive. - Jennet - The Woman in Black

No comments: