Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter

Happy Easter to those of you celebrate it and to those of you who don't, Happy Sunday.


My family doesn't celebrate the holiday. We haven't since we were all still kids and then it was more just for the hiding of the eggs and baskets and such. HD's family always gets together and has a big dinner. I haven't made up my mind yet if I'm going to his grandma's or not without him. There's still a chance that he could go. He hasn't gotten up yet this morning so I don't know how his eyes are. Yesterday they were barely pink, basically they just looked a little bloodshot. His cold is almost gone. He mostly coughs when he's talked for quite a bit. If he doesn't talk, like when he's watching a movie, he doesn't cough at all. So by the time we should be heading over there he may be well enough to go. If not, I'd have to go by myself and leave him here all alone.

I've gone to his family's events and gone out to their social events without him many many times over the years. But this time I don't feel right doing it. I'd be seeing our niece without him, and since she's his blood relative it just doesn't seem right. I know it's a silly thing but it's how I feel. And, again, I'd be leaving him here all alone. Every time I've done those events without him it's because he was either working or sleeping because he was going to work that night. It was never because he wasn't feeling well. I'd be thinking about him here by himself. Now he'd be just fine because he'd be able to be on his computer playing his games with his friends without once thinking he should get off to spend time with me. So it's not like he'd be moping around thinking poor me or anything. But still, he's not able to see his brand new neice and that's just sad.

Media quote of the day: It all started when the first present was given by the Pilgrims a long, long time ago. After that, everybody started giving presents... even the Easter Bunny started giving them 'til Santa slapped him with a lawsuit. - Angelica in The Rugrats.

I don't know, I guess I'll make the decision later when I'd have to start getting ready to go.

2 comments:

saintseester said...

I don't blame you for not wanting to go, especially since he has not gotten to see his new niece. Plus you would not want to accidentally bring pink eye over there, even though you don't seem to have any symptoms!

Katrina said...

That's what I kept saying. But I decided to go after all. While I was getting ready his sister called and convinced him to go over too. He didn't hold her or touch her at all. He also brought over his hand sanitizer and was using it constantly, along with everyone else.

By 4:30 his eyes were almost all back to normal and he hardly coughed at all. He'll probably be 100% by tomorrow.