Wednesday, April 4, 2007

My poor hubby is sick

Poor H Ditty, he's all sick and coughy and stuff. He's gotten a cold twice now in the past 4 months or so. I'm usually the one getting sick. We've switched roles though, I haven't been sick since last summer, I think. It's been awhile anyway. Yesterday he sounded and felt better but today he's back down for the count. Oooh, speaking of down for the count the new Ultimate Fighter reality show starts tomorrow and a, hopefully, kick ass fight will be on Saturday on Pay-Per-View. Can't wait. But I digress. He's in bed right now saying he wants to get up so he can go to bed at a decent hour tonight but he's not moving like he really wants to get up.

I don't think I ever mentioned this before but he's taking a Spanish class. Hmmm, now that I write that it seems like maybe I did tell ya'll this. Oh well. So he's taking the class to help with his work since he has to deal with the public and our town is getting more and more Spanish speaking people either living here or at least driving through every year. For his class today he had to do a presentation (yep, I mentioned it because I bragged how he was so sweet in one of his presentations) on something Spanish related. One of the options was to see a Spanish language film. He went to see Pan's Labyrinth yesterday afternoon. I was jealous and asked if he'd go to the later showing with me instead and he ended up going to both showings. He had to say things about the differences in our cultures, etc. I haven't talked with him yet about how it went so I couldn't tell you. Anyway, that was a long ass paragraph just to say I went to see the movie that should have won best Foreign Film at the Oscars. But noooo, that German movie had to. Blah! I once again say....if it's still playing in your area and you haven't seen it yet it, hell even if you have, GO SEE THIS MOVIE!! You will not be disappointed.

Last year we went to
The Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum, it was really nice and very informative. He did his presentation on some boys that gave up their lives trying to defend their school, as in the movie Taps in a way. He got an A on that one but then he was able to do it in English since it was a 1st year class. The one today had to be in Spanish and they're only in their 3rd year, they haven't learned all the tenses, etc. yet.

The dinner timer just went off a few minutes ago so I went to check on the food and then him. He had rolled over and pulled the covers over his head, I guess he's done for the night.

I am not ashamed to admit that I will cook up Hamburger Helper from time to time. Normally we do the Cheeseburger Macaroni. This time I decided to try the Bacon Cheeseburger. It's not bad, I don't taste any bacon but it's still pretty good. I'm gonna go finish my dinner now.

Media quote of the day: Honor doesn't count for shit when you're looking at a dead little boy. - Brian Moreland (played by Timothy Hutton) in Taps

No comments: