Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love it, but sick of it

As mentioned the other day yesterday was HDiTty's birthday. He almost had to go into work but luckily his partner took the overtime. He'll owe her but that's ok. His best friend met us at our house and then we drove out to meet some other friends from his work at Buffalo Wild Wings to have some drinks and food. I had 1/2 a long island before I passed it over to him to finish. For one thing I hadn't had anything to eat for 8 hours and it was already hitting me pretty good and the other I still have a headache and figured I shouldn't be drinking on top of it.

Yeah, every single day I've had aches in the head. They're not going away. I asked the doc if I was going to have to live with this pain and he told me no, we'd figure it out. But I'm starting to doubt. I'm still taking my preventative though because I'm a good girl. Ok, I'm done talking about my head. Ha! Who am I kidding. Although I'm sick and tired of it, it is my life right now so I know I'll talk about it again.
____________________________________

I forgot to tell ya'll what happened over the weekend. Our TV went out. Yep, no TV for us for a few more days at least. I was watching a movie (Independence Day) and it wasn't quite over with when I had to go get HD up for work so I paused it. Now keep in mind we pause the darn thing all the time whether it's the Tivo or DVD so I know it wasn't from doing that. I stay upstairs with him while he's getting ready but I have to go back down to get his work shirt and I notice the screen is black. I don't think anything of it. But then I have to go back down again because I forgot his t-shirt and this time it registers in my little peanut head brain that instead of seeing the president shaking hands with his adoring public after bringing down the bad guys I'm seeing a big huge black screen. I go upstairs and ask HD if he remembers that ever happening on pause before. He says no but reminds me that sometimes when we pause the DVD it does "lose" the "connection" after awhile. But if it does it goes back to regular TV not to black screen, at least that I can remember. And if it did go to a black screen then there was at least sound. There was nothing, just a black screen and instead of the green light stating our screen was on there was a red light like it had turned off.

So I sent him off to work with the idea I'd look into it after he was gone. I turned it off and on several times and each time I turned it back on there was this "keening" sound that was emitting from the TV. The green light would flash like it was going to come on but instead of going solid it would go off and a few inches to the left a red light would then flash. Turns out that red light was the lamp indicator. Yep, our lamp had burnt out. So $200.00 and a couple days wait we should have it back in working order.

Apparently we're lucky though. From what we've both heard/read these lamps tend to go out within 120 days of purchase quite often. We've had our TV for at least 3 years and 4 months. So yeah, we've had it way longer than 120 days.
_______________________

Snow, snow, snow and more snow. I love it but I'm really really tired of it. It's been snowing all day today but luckily it's been really light so it's been close to no accumulation. But still, come on, it's time to stop. And according to yahoo's weather report it's supposed to do the same kind of thing on and off for the rest of the week. UGH

Media quote of the day: Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind. "Mankind." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom... Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution... but from annihilation. We are fighting for our right to live. To exist. And should we win the day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Independence Day! - President Thomas Whitmore - Independence Day

No comments: