Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Update 4/15-17/11

So this was another fairly busy weekend even though HDiTty had to work.  Friday night we didn't do much except hang out and watch Date Night.  It was silly but it was fun, pretty enjoyable really.

Saturday he had to work all day - 16 hours, from 6am to 10pm so I was going to do a Lost Season 6 marathon but then decided I better not because I really did have things that needed to be done.

First I got on the elliptical.  I've been pretty good with the exercising this week.  Soaked for a bit in the tub then got ready to go get Kylie's birthday gift exchanged.  She's into Tangled right now and we bought her the dress but someone else had already bought it (turned out to be HDT's mom) so I took it back and exchanged it for the wig.  Grabbed some lunch from Pizza Hut (bad, bad I know) and took it back home to eat.  Watched a show while eating then made myself get off my ass and go clean the kitchen which has been needing it for some time now.  We tend to pile things up, most of it was mail and magazines though so not too bad.  Did the dishes as well. 

I also finally did our taxes, yes we are THAT bad with the procrastination.  Found some of the bills needed for our Flex Com to be fixed and also grabbed last years tax return to prove I did claim the 408k money I took out while I was out of work.

After all that it was now after 6pm, maybe even closer to 7 and I decided I'd reward myself with sitting on the couch watching a movie.  I decided on Underworld: Rise of the Lycons.  After it was done I switched back to tv and started scrolling through the guide and in less than 5 minutes the same movie was going to start on one of the channels.  I was amused.

There wasn't much on so I settled on Forensic Files and was watching that when HDT walked in the door close to 10:30.  He stayed up for about an hour so we continued watching the Files until he went to bed.  I went with him but sat up in bed reading for about a half hour until I felt tired enough to sleep.

Sunday I decided to take a day off from exercising and just had some breakfast while watching Temple Grandin.  Good movie, I can totally see why Claire Daines won so many awards for it.  The tears ran down my face more than once I might add. 

After it was over I soaked in the tub reading for a little while then got ready to go back out to get Jenn's birthday gift and card.  HDT got out of work early to be able to go to Kylie's birthday party that started at 2:30.  After meeting him at home and getting the presents wrapped we headed out the door around 3:45.  I'm glad I didn't go on time without him because everyone was just finishing eating when we walked in the door which means an hour and half of just sitting around watching the kids run around. 

After we finished our plates they had the cake and ice cream then the presents were opened.  Kylie very much liked the Rapunzel wig and the reading book we also gave and liked the soundtrack cd even more.  So the presents were a hit which is always good.

He made a few copies of the cd so Kylie could actually handle it without ruining the original and we could have a copy of it when she comes over.  Not long after the cd's were done copying we headed home.

He got on the computer and I turned on Netflix instant and we proceeded to watch some Buffy's for the rest of the evening until we went up to bed around 11.

Media quote of the day:

My name is Temple Grandin. I'm not like other people. I think in pictures and I connect them. - Temple Grandin
__________________________
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny...  - Rapunzel
A horse. - Flynn Rider
__________________________
If we are going to pay this much for crab it better sing and dance and introduce us to the Little Mermaid! - Claire Foster

He turned the gun sideways! That's a kill shot! - Phil Foster

No comments: