Monday, April 4, 2011

Weekend Update 4/1-3/11

So let's see, this weekend was pretty good for the most part.  It was HDT's weekend to work.

Friday night, Hmm, why can't I ever remember what we did on Friday nights?  On Thursday I agreed that I'd try out his new game Rift either on Friday or Saturday evening after he got home from work.  I didn't do it Friday and it seems to me it was because we actually did something to prevent it.  But I can't remember for the life of me what that could've been.  But I'm thinking it really was more just the fact that I didn't want to do it more than anything.  Seems to me I put in Sports Night and we just watched show after show of it. 

We loaned our Sports Night DVD's to one of his coworkers/friends a couple years ago I think it was and we just got it back.  Yeah, I believe that is what we did Friday night until it was time to go to bed.

I woke up around 8:30 Sat. morning.  And after taking my turn on Words with Friends that I'm playing with HDT I put a couple roasts in the crockpot along with some italian dressing packets and a couple bouillon cubes and let it cook all day for shredded italian beef.  After that I made myself some breakfast and headed downstairs to catch up on some of my shows.

After awhile I decided to stop being lazy and started in on some house work.  I got some straightening up done and then some vacuuming done, including under the bed which I haven't done in awhile - scary!  And then I mopped.  By then it was time to get myself washed up because Jess was gonna be by some time after 3:00 to drop of Kylie for the evening while she went to work.

Sure enough just when I stepped out of the tub to start drying off I hear her pull up.  So I hurried up and got some clothes on and got to the back door just in time.  But after letting them in I had to go back to put my wet hair in a towel.  After she left I put the clean dishes away and loaded the washer back up with dirty dishes, started it and then Kylie and I headed down to the basement.

She asked to watch a movie and we opted for Wall-E because she hadn't seen that in a long time.  After that she wanted to watch another movie and since she's never seen Willow and HDT and I thought she'd enjoy it I put that in.  And turns out she did like it.  He got home with about 45 minutes left of it to go and sat on the couch with us to watch the rest of it. 

The she decided to watch Wizard of Oz.  I put that in and then headed out to the grocery store because I forgot to get bread for the italian beef sandwiches.  I walked in the door just when Dorothy and Toto got to Munchkinland.  Kylie was hungry so I made her a hot dog then shredded the roasts up and made myself and HDT a sandwich.

After the movie ended I went to Netflix instant and started playing Rugrats for her.  I loved this show when I discovered it in my 20's and knew she'd like it.  Sure enough she does.  Jess came in shortly after the 2nd show had started.  HDT showed her the Rift game while Kylie and I continued watching the toons.  Finally she bundled her up and took her home. 

Of course by then it was too late for me to learn to play the game and we went to bed shortly after they left.

Sunday I was up shortly after 8:30 again.  I made myself a couple small beef sandwiches for breakfast and headed downstairs to continue watching my shows.  I think it was close to noon that I decided to get on the elliptical.  Did a good workout and then went to soak in the tub for an hour as usual.  But after just 25 minutes or so I started to feel really sleepy.  So I decided I'd wash up and take a little nap.  But by the time I was all dry I was actually awake.  So I did another load of dishes (yep, we were that bad with the dirty dishes) and headed back downstairs.  I also did a couple loads of laundry.

HDT got home around 6:30 and we did somethings that married folk do and then finally decided on what to eat for dinner.  We decided to be good and just eat our own frozen pizza we had rather than order out like we both wanted to.  I agreed I'd learn how to play Rift while the oven was heating up and then during the pizza cooking. 

It seems like a pretty good game but I haven't gotten very far.  So we shall see as time goes on.  I'm very antisocial when it comes to these things and I'd much rather have a game where it's just me playing and not online where there are people who we know and even those we don't that might want to try to get me to play with them.  The only person that I'm willing to play with is HDT and we don't have two computers to do that.  At least not right now.  So, yeah, we shall see if I last.

We had dinner while watching the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter that started this last Wednesday.  So far I'm really liking Dos Santos, he seems like a pretty good guy.  I'm still out on my judgement of Brock. 

After that he headed back to play Rift while I started another recorded show to watch.  At one point he gave me the background story on the game.  I also played the Jimmy Fallon/Stephen Colbert Friday clip from Fallon's show last week for him to watch.  That got him in the mood to play the original again on YouTube.  Then he started looking into some of the spoofs and in defense of clips.  Finally around 11:00 I couldn't stay awake any longer so I went to bed.  He came up a couple hours later.

Overall a pretty good weekend.

Media quote of the day:

From Willow:

What are you doing? - Willow
I found some blackroot. She loves it. - Madmartigan
Blackroot? I'm the father of two children, and you never, ever give a baby blackroot. - Willow
Well my mother raised us on it. It's good for you! It put's hair on your chest, right Sticks? - Madmartigan
Her name is not Sticks! She's Elora Dannen, the future empress of Tir Asleen and the last thing she's gonna want is a hairy chest! - Willow
--------------------------------------
From the Rugrats:

Guys, guys. I squished Angelica. - Chuckie
That's OK, Chuckie, you didn't mean to squish her. - Tommy
And even if you did- that's OK. - Phil

No comments: