Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Weekend Update 4/8-10/11

So this weekend was a movie weekend, no doubt about it. 

Friday evening after I got off work we were going to go and return a pair of jeans that didn't quite fit HDT, have some dinner and see a movie, probably Hanna but possibly Your Highness.  But after looking at the receipt and seeing that we have 60 days to return them and I mentioned maybe seeing matinees the next day to save some money we decided to stay home for the night.

So we kept debating on what to have for dinner, still order out or make something at home.  We decided to eat what we had, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was.  And HDT put in The Godfather for the movie.  We watched it before but it's been probably a couple years at least since we did and wow I didn't remember much of it at all.  Certain scenes were familiar but mostly because they're the scenes one sees when watching shows about movies not because I was remembering them from last time.  We had to keep stopping it throughout because of phone calls or when HDT had to check on his mom's computer that he was fixing or because of the animals.  It's a long movie to begin with and it took us probably an extra hour to watch it because of the stoppage, basically it took all night.  I don't think we stayed up too much later after it was done.

Saturday we got up mid morning and headed out the door with just 30 minutes to get to the feed store where we get the pet food.  Walked in the door with just a couple minutes to spare before closing.  The whole way there HDT kept saying how many minutes we had to get there.  Was quite amusing really.  I knew we'd be fine.

We were debating on what to have for lunch/breakfast and decided on Chili's.  And while eating we decided to watch a whole different movie than the two we were gonna see the night before.  Adjustment Bureau was playing at the theater near the restaurant but not at the place we were gonna go to.  We were still trying to work out being able to see at least one of them along with AB, preferably Hanna, but time lines just wouldn't work. 

We had a couple hours before it was to start so we walked around Toys-R-Us to find Kylie's birthday present and then headed home to drop everything off and meet Jim who had called while we were shopping.  So once he got there we headed out to the movie which was really good I might add.  Very glad we got to see it in the theater too.  There were some great shots of the city (New York) that looked really good on the big screen.

After that we headed home and debated what to do.  Since it was just us three we decided to just hang out and watch some more movies.  It's been a long time since HDT and I saw Tombstone and Jim has never actually seen it from start to finish.  He's seen the whole thing but always in bits and pieces.  And we just bought it on blue-ray and wanted to see how good it would look so that won out over everything else we had.  After that we decided to watch Scream since number four is coming out this weekend.  But just after Drew's death scene Jim left because he just exhausted and wouldn't be able to stay awake for it.  HDT and I finished it and afterward I went to bed.  He came up not long after. 

We had decided to go see the matinees of Hanna and Your Highness on Sunday but after waking up and getting a migraine shortly after I wasn't up for it much.  And since we spent so much money on Saturday it just made sense to skip the movies and hang out at home where I could just rest and not have to move too much.  We decided to watch Godfather II and III.  Although we liked both I don't see why II is considered a better movie than I.  Oh well, to each his own.

So that was our movie filled weekend.  I liked it all except for the damn migraine.  For which I had to finally breakdown and take one of the max-alts when I went to bed since the ibuprofen wasn't working.

Media quotes of the day:

I'll make him an offer he can't refuse - The Godfather (both Brando and Pacino)
____________________

I'm your Huckleberry - Doc Holliday (the best Doc Holliday in any movie ever)

No comments: