Wednesday, September 20, 2006

At work, sucks to be me

So I'm sitting here hoping H Ditty has downloaded the photos from the Green Bay game. If he has then at some point tonight I'll put some up. He said he was going to, so we'll see.

Boss man has left to go to FL again to see his cousin. He'll be gone for the rest of the week and once again I have nothing to do. It's going to be a long ass two days. Oh, but I did earn my paycheck again yesterday and this morning. Woo Hoo!

On my way home yesterday I saw a good 7 or 8 flocks of geese flying South and the temperature was only 62. I'm giddy with anticipation of autumn. I love autumn, everything about it. The crisp air, the wind flying, the smell and the colors changing everywhere. The light too, it's just a different look, almost has a texture to it, don't know how to explain it any better than that. I love wearing sweaters and drinking hot chocolate. I love that it gets dark early. I love that dusty/musty smell the first time I turn on the heater. Of course, that means I should have it cleaned but who cares, it's a fall smell.

As H Ditty left for work yesterday I walked him out to his truck to grab something from mine for him and did a booty shaking dance singing how it's fall, it's fall, it's fall! Only a few more days and it's officially fall! Honestly, can you tell I like fall?

Media quote of the day: Now Autumn's fire burns slowly along the woods, And day by day the dead leaves fall and melt, And night by night the monitory blast Wails in the key-hole, telling how it pass'd O'er empty fields, or upland solitudes, Or grim wide wave; and now the power is felt Of melancholy, tenderer in its moods Than any joy indulgent Summer dealt.
Author: William Allingham
Source: Day and Night Songs--Autumnal Sonnet

No comments: