Tuesday, September 5, 2006

Life and Death

So boss man is gone for the rest of the week. He left a little after 2:00 and supposedly won't be back until next Monday. We'll see though, he's the kind of boss that says he'll be gone and then shows up a day or more early. But he's flying down to FL to see a cousin who's pretty sick so he may actually stay gone this time. The bad thing though is this means I'll have nothing to do for the rest of the week. Pray for me.

I went over to my mom and stepdad's house last night. My stepbrother and his wife were there. We sat around the fire and chatted for a few hours. It was a good night for it, it was just a little nippy so the fire felt good. No stars though, too many clouds. I'm a bad daughter, I don't see and/or talk to my mom enough. I can't stand talking on the phone so I never pick it up just to call and talk to her and they're so busy that they're hardly ever home so I can't just drop in unexpectedly. But when we do talk it's for quite a while. I told her that one of these days I'm getting my oldest brother on one of those online dating websites. She was all for it.

So I just went and checked statcounter. I'm obsessed with that by the way. I find it funny that on Saturday and today two different people did a google search for the fishy quote from Nemo and got me from my media quote of the day a few posts back. I'm not the first link but I'm only a few down. Makes me wonder if they're using that quote too on their site or what.

Well, I gotta get out of here for right now. Gotta go make some copies for work at the big time copy place.

So I'm home now, H Ditty's at work. I've got the tv on but the sound on mute. 21 grams is on, haven't seen it before, only know a little bit what it's about. Kind of interesting watching without sound and still being able to tell somewhat of what's going on by just how good the acting is.

There's a scene on right now that made me think of Return to Me. Both movies someone had to die for another to live, they show both sides. Now Return to Me was a romantic comedy but it still had its very sad moments. Being that I can't hear what's on 21 grams I don't know if it addresses it but I know Return to Me does - the guilt of the person who lives because of the other dying. Its got to be awful. I'm a donor and I think everyone should be. Why wouldn't you, you're dead you don't need your parts anymore and you're potentially keeping someone else alive. At the very least just making their lives better by giving them sight, or skin or whatever. At least, that's what you hope for. I hope that when I go and whoever gets whatever from me does have a better life. I really hope they don't ever feel the guilt, that they only feel the joy of living. And on that note, I'm outta here.

Media quote of the day: I know that what's happened has been overwhelming. And I know it's going to take a while to sort it all out. But while you're sorting, I want you to remember that all the times I prayed that Gracie would have a second chance at life, I always knew that if God blessed us, the heart she got would have to be from a very special person, if it were going to be at home in Grace. When she met you, her heart beat truly for the first time. Perhaps it was meant to be with you always. - Marty O'Reilly - Return to Me

No comments: