Saturday, September 16, 2006

I WON!!

It's about damn time! I finally won at Texas Hold 'em. It's been over a year since I won last. I did suck out though. I had 910 off suit and my opponent had QK off. 9K7 flopped, then a Q came on the turn, she had me big time but I sucked out and got the J for a straight. I'll take it though, I've been getting pissed coming in 2nd over and over again.

Well, it's late and I gotta get to bed. We'll be leaving in the afternoon to head up to Green Bay for the game on Sunday. But first we have to go to some GED graduation party for H Ditty's step cousin so we'll be getting up early.

Have a great weekend all. This is what we have to watch out for:

Media quote of the day: "I'm sure the Packers will want to respond after (last Sunday's) game against Chicago," - Coach Sean Payton

2 comments:

dirk.mancuso said...

I am so bad at poker. I have no idea what makes a hand. I have low attention span and probably end up throwing away a winning hand all the time.

Katrina said...

I'm not real good at other types, only so so. But at Texas I'm pretty good. My biggest problem is that I'm not willing to gamble and bluff enough.

Last night the chick I ended up at heads up with was way ahead of me in chips and was able to push me out of hands a lot. I was getting cards that I just couldn't do anything with. I was down to 300 and the blinds were 100 and 200. She had 5700 to my 300 and I slowly started to come back. It felt great!

I love playing Texas Hold 'em.