Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

We're not big celebrators of the holiday. Every now and then he'll have some roses sent to my place of employment. A couple years I got a gift. I've gotten him flowers before and a stuffed animal or two. But usually it's just cards and maybe he'll get me a rose or a few that I get directly from him at home. This year was the same. I got him two cards (as I mentioned before I get one funny and one mushy). He got me a card along with some chocolates and a single red rose. He also gave me a pretty thing for my desk at work. It's a bunch of tiny roses in the shape of a heart inside some glass framed by wood. I know the perfect place for it, right next to my monitor.

Right now I've got Pretty Boy snuggled between my arms with his head resting on my left arm. He's very warm and it feels really good. I thought I had a picture of him to be able to put up but apparently I don't. I'll have to get one up soon along with one of Whiskers.

So back to the holiday. We also never go out to eat on this day. It's just not worth it. So we ordered some Chili's takeout and came back to the best seat in the house - right on the couch in front of the tv. First we watched Bones, and for those of you who don't watch it (yes, I'm looking at you Natalie) well you're missing a great show. It's funny, dramatic and gross. Check it out.

Afterward we debated on what to watch next. Was it going to be Battlestar Galactica (his choice) or Lost (my choice). We both like both shows but we each had our preference this night. So we decided to play rock/paper/scissors for it. We decided we'd play 2 out 3. We count: 1... 2... 3 - scissors are thrown. We go again: 1... 2... 3 - I throw a rock (not literally, although I did say "I don't have a rock to throw though." before we started) he throws paper. One down. 1... 2... 3 - scissors are thrown again. 1... 2... 3 - Scissors. Are. Thrown. Again. I got the giggles, said we can't do this, we think too much alike. But we go again after I make myself stop giggling. 1... 2... 3 - I do paper, he does scissors. He won, boo on him.

So I go over to Battlestar, we watch the "previously on" portion and realize somehow, someway we missed a show. I got my way anyway, yay me. So Lost it was.

So that was our big Valentine's night. That's the best way, snuggled up in your own home with your honey.

For his birthday on Sunday I took him to dinner at a local Italian restaurant and then he wanted to go see a movie so we went to see Epic Movie. That was just plain ridiculous. But it was funny in parts. If it hadn't been so late I might've been able to convince him to see Pan's Labyrinth again. But it was so we saw Epic Movie instead.

And for those of you haven't gone to see Pan's Labyrinth yet...what are you waiting for? Hmmm? You need to see this movie, I am not kidding, go, go now. Yes, right now. Stop what you're doing and go already!

That is all. See you soon I hope.

Media quote of the day:
We're Scully and Mulder. - Special Agent Seeley Booth
I don't know what that means. - Dr. Temperance Brennan

Booth and Bones from Bones

3 comments:

Dan said...

Sounds like you had a loving day ... just the right kind! :)

Happy Valentines Day Katrina! Hugs and smooches.

Foofa said...

I think about watching Bons a lot, then I don't. Maybe I will. Pan's Labyrinth was the greatest!!! I am all for nice quiet Valentines Days too. They are just cozy.

Foofa said...

Obviously, that should say Bones.