Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Workin' My Ass Off!

So, boss lady has been out of the office since 10:30am Friday. When she's gone, hell even when she's there but really busy, they have me do some of her work to help her out. So I've been doing her billings, her change orders, her end of day reports, her certified payroll, helping new guy out, etc., etc, etc. Friday I didn't get out of there until 5:50, yesterday and today was around 5:40. But because of this I don't always get my own work done, at least not as much as should be done. But also because of this I definitely should be getting a damn good raise after my review.

I like how busy it keeps me but sometimes, like Friday, I feel like I'm a chicken with it's head cut off.

One good thing though is that I'm tired by the end of the day so I don't want to stay up late which mean I go to bed at a decent time which mean I get some pretty decent sleep. I was in bed by 10:30 last night. That's damn early for me. But I'm getting used to this early bed shit. Eventually I'll get it as early as 10:00, well, maybe I will, that's sorta pushing it.

Well, that's it, short and sweet tonight. I'm hungry and still have to make something to eat so I'm outta here.

Media quote of the day: What am I supposed to do with that mess? I'm outta here. - Homestar Runner - Homestarrunner.com: Everything Else, Volume 2 (2006)

I gotta get outta here. I think I'm gonna lose it. - Peter Gibbons - Office Space

1 comment:

dirk.mancuso said...

Oh, my stars and garters! 10:30 is early? I go to bed at 8:30 and I feel like I am a wild man.

I really need to live it up a little more...