Wednesday, October 31, 2007

More headaches

It's Halloween and I have another headache. So let's count the headaches I've had since last Wednesday.

Wednesday the 24th: The day began with a headache, sinus pressure and both legs in pain. The leg pain and sinus pressure went away after taking my generic migraine pills but the headache didn't, it got worse and I went home from work around 3:00.

Thursday the 25th: Headache #2. Bad enough that I stayed home from work and finally went to see the doc about them. See previous post.

Friday the 26th: Dull headache #3. But according to the doc yesterday it's probably all the same headache just different levels as the days went on. Luckily it was gone by about mid morning.

Saturday the 27th: Yay! No headache

Sunday the 28th: Got headache #4 mid afternoon, took some Motrin because it wasn't migraine strong. It went away. Later in the evening got headache #5, took more Motrin and it went away again.

Monday the 29th: Got headache #6, actually woke up with it. But it was a dull pain, no sharpness to it. No throbbing to it or anything else. Just dull pain all. day. long. But luckily it was dull enough that I was able to function with no problems at all and at times I was even able to ignore it. It helped that I was busier than normal too.

Tuesday the 30th: Yay! No headache. But...both legs hurt almost all day. Even after taking Motrin again; usually the joint pain goes away fairly quickly after taking something but not this time. Lasted a good 2 or so hours after taking 'em.

Wednesday the 31st, present day: Headache #7. Woke up this morning the same as last Wednesday: headache, sinus pressure and both legs hurting. The headache isn't as bad as last Wed. though so that's good. But I took my time getting ready so I was about 10 minutes late to work. As soon as I got there I grabbed a bottle of water and downed two of my generic migraine pills. The sinus pressure went away after a couple hours but the leg pain and headache stuck around.

I was going to try to work through it, I really didn't want to leave again but bosslady kept telling me I should go home. When I started making stupid mistakes in some reports I was doing because I couldn't concentrate I finally agreed to leave. I crawled into bed as soon as I got home and sort of dozed on and off for several hours. The pain had receded somewhat by the time Pretty Boy realized I was awake and started to bug me to feed him. So I got up and went downstairs and to hang out with HDiTty. It's been a few hours since I got up and although the headache has almost gone away the sinus pressure has come back with a vengeance. I just took some expired sinus medicine so hopefully it'll work and not have any adverse side affects. We shall see.

Happy Halloween! Hope yours was better than mine.

Media quote of the day: On Halloween night, the Great Pumpkin rises from his pumpkin patch and flies through the air to deliver toys to all the children. - Linus - It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

No comments: