Monday, November 5, 2007

Head issues yet again

So I had to stay home again Thursday. I didn't sleep well at all Wednesday night so I called in to say I was going to try to get a few hours sleep and see how I felt then but I planned on going in. Turns out there was no way I was going to make it. While getting ready I couldn't even have the lights on and I couldn't use my toothbrush with the power on because the noise was just too much in my head. But I pushed through. Then, since I was going in so late I knew I wouldn't be stopping for food so I decided I'd try to eat before leaving. I was only able to take about 3 bites before it felt like it was going to come up. I started getting the prickly heat all over and my head went woozy. So yeah, I can't drive 45 minutes that way and I certainly wouldn't be able to concentrate on work.

After calling in to say there was no way I'd be working I went down to the basement and curled up on the couch and dozed on and off for the next couple of hours. At one point the pain let up enough that I actually slept instead of dozed. But HDiTty, who didn't know I was still home, accidentally woke me up by shutting the laundry room door quite loudly. He scared me awake and I in turn scared him by moving quickly and making a moaning sound. He left to go to a class for work and I stayed on the couch for another 20 minutes or so until he called to have me look at the directions that were still up on the computer to make sure he was close to where he needed to be.

Friday it was down to a workable dull ache like it had been on Monday. So although there were a few times during the day that I put my head in my hands for the most part the day went ok. Saturday I slept in until 9ish when I finally made myself get up and go in to work for about 3 1/2 hours to make up some of the time off.

In the last half hour or so I started getting major sinus pressure again which after an hour had gone by had turned into a headache. But I really had to do some grocery shopping and since it wasn't horrendous I went ahead and did it. As soon as I got home I took some sinus medicine (forgot I had some in my purse, silly me). It helped somewhat.

Sunday was more of the same. During the morning I was fine but by 4 o'clock the pressure was back and causing a headache. Maybe if I'm lucky that's what's causing all of these in the first place. Maybe I'll have sinus issues and not head issues. My appointment is for this Wednesday at 8:30 so we shall see.

Media quote of the day: The only tried and true way is to figure out what unresolved issues keep the spirit here - and resolve them. - Rupert Giles - Buffy the Vampire Slayer

No comments: