Monday, December 13, 2010

Weekend Update 12/10-12/10

So we had plans to start our Christmas shopping this weekend but when I got home from work on Friday I was informed that we'd be watching Kylie on Saturday. We already were going to be doing it on Sunday. But I guess Jess' sitter for Saturday fell through so she asked us. HDT says he still planned on doing the shopping anyway on Saturday but I knew it would fall through. She'd be the perfect excuse for us to stay home plus the weather was supposed to be bad.

Friday night after having a bit of a heated discussion about us putting our plans aside whenever Jess or Jenn or his mom calls we watched a few dvr'd shows and then he went to bed and I read for awhile before finally turning in around midnight.

Saturday he had to work from 6:00 - 2:00. I got up around 9ish I think it was and did my usual soak and read for awhile. Then I watched my Ghost Hunters shows that he doesn't watch. After that I started to clean the kitchen, he got home shortly after I started. Had him finish loading the dishwasher while I started to prepare us some mac and cheese. Then I mentioned how the fridge needed to be vacuumed because we haven't done that in years and with all the cats and dog it's got to be awful. So we pulled it out and was working on the back when Jess showed up with Kylie. After he was done with the fridge and I finished making the food he looks out the window and sees that it's raining pretty hard and says that he thinks we shouldn't be going out in this bad weather with Kylie to do the shopping. All I said was, "I know" and let it drop.

They went downstairs so he could start working on the tv and stuff with some new HD cables that he got and she could play with her toys while I finished washing the dishes that couldn't go in the dishwasher. At some point while we were all still upstairs we found out that she'd never seen Bambi or Lady and the Tramp so we watched those and then put in Labyrinth which she's fallen in love with. But we let her know that we'd only be able to watch a little bit of it because we had people coming over for the UFC fights and she'd have to go to bed then anyway. Luckily she didn't put up a fuss at all about that and when I took her up to our bed she went right to sleep.

All the boys came over as usual along with two of HDT's coworkers to watch the fights. Wayne, my youngest brother, was the last to show and he comes walking in with his title belt that his kids gave him for father's day this year, holding it up in the air chanting Koschek, Koschek, Koschek. I picked up the water bottle that we use to spray the cats when needed and start spraying him with it. Most of us absolutely can't stand Kos and for him to come in chanting that was just wrong. But we had a good laugh. Especially when GSP kicked the shit out of him. We would've liked to see GSP finish him but seeing him kick his ass for 5 rounds was good too. The rest of the fights were really good as well and all the talking that was going on during the 3 hours was fun so we had a great evening. Jess showed up a fight or two before the GSP/Koschek fight and was glad she did because she can't stand him either and has a little crush of GSP.

After the fights everyone left but Jess. She had let us know during the fights that Kylie's dad finally called Jess back and said he'd be happy to take her on Sunday so we got out of that at least. She got on the computer to do some WOW stuff and HDT played a few Call of Duty games but then saw me playing on my phone so he quit so we could watch something together before I went to bed. But then as soon as he switched to tv Jess called him over because she needed help with something and they were over there doing whatever it is they were doing for long enough for me to say that I had to go to bed now. I told her not to worry about getting Kylie, that I'd just snuggle in on HDT's side of the bed which is what I did.

Somewhere around 3:00 she came and got her and then HDT came to bed. Said they were staying the night on the futon downstairs.

Sunday morning I woke up around 8:30 or so but just couldn't make myself get out of bed so I stayed there petting on Cry Baby and Poydras. Around 9 or so I heard the backdoor open so I knew Jess was getting ready to leave but I also had a feeling she shut the backdoor and didn't realize the inside handle will turn while locked. Sure enough she starts knocking on the door. Poydras flew off the bed barking and growling and started towards the door with me right behind. Her car doors had frozen over. I gave her something to chip at the ice with and she was able to get her passenger door open and started the car. While it was warming up she and Kylie were giving Poydras lovings and I stayed in the kitchen talking with 'em.

Eventually the car warmed up enough that she was able to get her driver door open and be on their way. I was debating on grabbing my book and getting in the tub for a soak and read or just grabbing the book and reading on the couch or watching more of my shows that HDT doesn't watch until he got up. As I was standing there shivering I decided on the tub since it'd be nice and warm while the house was heating up and all warm by the time I got out. HDT woke up while I was still in there but almost done with my book. So I finished that and while I was drying my hair he placed an order for pizza since neither of us felt like eating what we had and I for once said I was in the mood for it.

We grabbed it and came back home to start watching football. He flipped between a couple games because of his fantasy football guys and then at 3:00 we switched over to watch the Saints game. They finally had a sound win after several weeks of really having to fight for it. Was fun to watch. I was really tired at the beginning of the game, even joked about taking a nap during it, but about half way through the 2nd quarter I was wide awake and cheering.

After that we watched some dvr'd shows, had dinner and a little after 9:00 his dad called so I turned on the Dallas/Atlanta game since we couldn't watch anything while they were talking. They got into a discussion about some things that are going on with HDT's other sister Jenn. After the game ended I was expecting HDT to get off the phone when he realized how late it had gotten but he didn't. In between talking about Jenn they discussed the game since both were watching it. So after it ended they still hadn't finished talking about Jenn because of all the interruptions.

But I started to get tired so got up to go to bed, HDT told his dad he had to get off the phone then. He looked at the time and saw that he'd talked to him for over an hour and still doesn't think he got through to him. I told him that maybe he'll think about everything that was said and will see the logic in it. HDT told me to come over to his desk and when I got there he hit play on his itunes player on the computer. It was a Christmas song but when he saw that I didn't recognize who it was he told me it was the album I've been looking for/wanting for years. He had the whole thing. He found on Ebay someone who had recorded it onto cd's from the album but he also bought the album as well. I'm so, so happy. Now if only I could remember what the other Christmas album is that I used to listen to all the time I'd be even happier. Oh well, this will do.

Media quote of the day: This is the record he got me. I grew up with this album and when we moved to Louisiana the record got left behind and eventually lost. I've been wanting it for years, so so happy he was able to get it for me. And the Little Drummer Boy is my favorite Christmas song so Yay! for me!!

The Little Drummer Boy - Don Janse and His 60 Voice Children's Chorus

Little Drummer Boy

Come they told me
Pa rum pum pum pum
A new born King to see,
Pa rum pum pum pum
Our finest gifts we bring
Pa rum pum pum pum
To lay before the King
Pa rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
So to honor Him
Pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Little Baby
Pa rum pum pum pum
I am a poor boy too,
Pa rum pum pum pum
I have no gift to bring
Pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give our King
Pa rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
Shall I play for you!
Pa rum pum pum
On my drum.

Mary nodded
Pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time
Pa rum pum pum pum
I played my drum for Him
Pa rum pum pum
I played my best for Him
Pa rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
Rum pum pum pum
Then He smiled at me
Pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.


"The Little Drummer Boy" is a Christmas song from 1958 - words and music by Katherine K. Davis, Henry Onorati, and Harry Simeone. The best-known and most standard version is by the Harry Simeone Chorale. It is also known as the "Carol of the Drum".

No comments: