Thursday, October 7, 2010

Anniversary and the sickness

Yesterday was our 5/15 anniversary. Happy Anniversary HDiTty - love you bunches!

So I've been sick the last several days. Tuesday morning I woke around 4ish with a fever. I was shivering and sweating like crazy. The fever didn't break until later in the morning but by then I had a migraine. Ibuprofen took care of that by the evening so I had every intention of going in to work on Wednesday. HDT and I didn't get out of bed until around 10:30 or so and by 2:00 I was all sleepy again so he came with me to take a nap. My alarm went off at 4:00 but I ended up dozing on and off until 5:00. But at least my head didn't hurt anymore.

Wednesday when I got up to get ready for work I had another migraine but thought I'd try to go in anyway. But I kept getting dizzy and sick feeling so I knew I was in for a real doozy. Took one of my migraine pills and went back to bed. Got up around 11:00, most of the pain was gone except for right behind my right eye. But that eventually moved over to the left eye.

But by the time we had to leave to make our reservation at the steak house in Milwaukee I was feeling better. Just a slight headache, I was still coughy and stuffy and tired but still I was feeling better. We each got a Long Island and by the time our food got there I noticed I didn't have a headache anymore. I've noticed that before with alcohol, it seems to help my headaches go away sometimes.

We each got a filet and then shared the asparagus and baked potato. All of it was very good. Then he got a slice of cheesecake and I got a chocolate chip banana cake slice. It was different but good. My plate was drizzled with chocolate and we each got a strawberry with our slice so we put the strawberries through the chocolate and ate those as well - very good.

Our waitress put us in a nice quiet/dark corner away from all the rest of the patrons which was very nice except for two very loud men. Everything they said just carried throughout the whole room. Then when we were almost done a group of 7 men were seated not too far away but still, it was nice.

When we got back out to the car before we pulled away he hands me my card. But since I've been sick I haven't gotten his card yet. I felt bad, so I asked him if it would be ok if I didn't open it yet and that I'd go after work the next day to get his card and we could exchange then. He said I didn't have to get him a card but if I wanted to, if it'd make me feel better that would be just fine. So I have to make sure I head straight to the store to get his card.

I also have to make sure I get into bed at a decent time tonight to keep getting rest because this weekend will be a busy one. I don't need to get worse that's for sure.

Media quote of the day:

Come on now, baby. My little filet. My little filet mignon with a little fat around the edges. I like that. I like a little fat on my steak. My sweet, juicy steak. You are a rare delicacy. - Alex the Lion in Madagascar

No comments: