Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Update 10/15-17/10

So let's see. After I got off work Friday I headed over to Walmart to do the shopping. I was browsing all the fall stuff lost in the fantasy of buying it all when I glanced at the clock and realized how late it was getting so decided I better start doing the actual shopping that was needed. I was a good girl and didn't buy one fall thing.

Got home and put everything away and since HDT was working overtime I decided to take my shower before he got home so that way we had all evening together before he'd have to go to bed. I was just getting out when he got home so it was perfect timing.

I made dinner and we relaxed for the rest of the evening watching some of the dvr'd shows from the last week or two.

Saturday he went to work & slept in a little. Don't remember what time I got up but when I did I got ready to go do the rest of the shopping that I still needed to do since Walmart didn't have everything we needed. Went to Target and then over to Jewel for the remainder of the groceries.

Got home and put them all away and then made myself a lunch and watched some of the shows that I watch that HDT doesn't. Was able to get rid of 5 hours of Ellen's by watching only the choice interviews rather than the whole show.

Around 5 I headed upstairs to get ready to go out for the night. My brothers, one of the SIL's and I were going to see Local H. Since HDT doesn't really care for them he wasn't going. He got home about 30 minutes before I had to take off and helped me unload my vehicle in case I ended up having to drive. Met the guys at mom's and 5 minutes later we were off, luckily I didn't have to drive - Scott did.

We got down to the restaurant/bar just before 8:00, Local H was to go on at 9:00 and the website said the opening band was still TBD. But we figured we'd be able to get a bite to eat while watching them. As we walk in the guy at the door tells us that they're closing the place down for an hour and half, no one is allowed in unless you were there for one of the reunions that were going on. He said everyone that was in the restaurant now would be kicked out as soon as they were done eating and then they'd be reopening the doors at 9:30. Which of course makes not sense since Local H was supposed to start at 9:00.

So we get back in Scott's van to head across the street for dinner. Wayne leaves a message for Scott (the singer) telling him what's going on and "what the fuck dude?" Just as we're leaving the restaurant to head back our oldest brother meets up with us. We get there just after 9:00 and there's a crowd milling around already of course. But that was fine, we were still close to the doors anyway. They open the doors at 9:30 but they're not letting anyone in, I guess it was to let the last few reunioners out of there. At around 9:40 or so they finally start letting us in.

We went to say hi to Gabe and buy some of the t-shirts, CD's, etc. that were on sale. My SIL got us a booth that was at the end of the row so there was a half wall surrounding it which made it easier for us all to sit/stand around it. Ended up being a good place to watch the show from.

Don't remember when the 1st band went on but they were pretty good and ended at exactly 11:00. Scott (singer of Local H) came out while the opening band was still playing to say hi. I haven't been to a show in years, in fact I think the last one I went to was the one I wrote about here back in '06 I think it was, maybe early '07. So it was fun to surprise him when I turned around to say hi. And I started to think back when the last time all 5 of us kids were at a show, I think it was when Joe was still drumming which has been close to 15 years now.

Local H got up there just after 11:30 and played until 12:40 or so. Was a great show, other than 2 brand new songs they played all older stuff which I enjoy more than stuff off the last couple albums. Although, never mind, now that I think about it they did play a couple songs off the last album. Anyway, at 12:40 they go walking of the stage and the audience starts the chant going for the encore. They come back and play several songs off their new EP - Local H's Totally Awesome Mix Tape #1.

After that not sure where Brian went but Scott went over to the table to stand beside Gabe while things were being sold so he could give autographs to anyone that wanted one. Kinda funny to see really since he used to say years ago that he'd never do that. We stuck around long enough for all the buyers to get their stuff to be able to say goodbye to him. Gave him a hug buy and my oh my was he one sweaty dude.

Got home around 2:20 or so and after taking Poydras outside and washing up I finally crawled into bed just before 3:00. HDT's alarm started going off around 4:45. He actually asked me to get up to help him get ready - find his socks. I basically told him no way and didn't.

I think it was around 7ish when HDT needed to go to the bathroom again so I got to let him out and then fed everyone then crawled back into bed until just before 10:00. Took a nice long hot bath reading my book - now on Dan Brown's Angels and Demons. I've had that one forever so finally decided to read it, pretty good so far.

Got downstairs with 5 minutes to spare before the Saints game was gonna be starting. Since HDT was at work I texted him with updates throughout the game. He used to have Moore as one of his fantasy players and since he hasn't done much lately because there's so many different people that Brees goes to HDT decided to drop him. Moore makes a catch and gets a touchdown this game, I send him the text and he comes back with "SOB" I couldn't help but bust out laughing. But so true. Then he decides not to start Ivory and he ends up getting 124 yards rushing. Sad, just sad.

But he got off work early so he was able to watch the last quarter. The Saints started to fuck up pretty bad after HDT got home so he kept saying he should've stayed at work. They were doing awesome and heading towards a shut out until he got home and started watching, it was funny but sad as well.

After the game ended he had me flip in between different games for him checking up on his other players. At one point I grabbed several of our recipe books to look up how I should cook the flank steak I got at Walmart. I've never cooked one before I really like 'em so decided I'd try it out. Unfortunately every recipe I found said how it should be marinated for 5 - 24 hours so it was out for dinner. And out of all the recipes there wasn't one that I had all the ingredients for so basically I made up my own using what I had from two of the recipes. While I was doing that HDT came up and started putting away the dishes from the dishwasher and putting the dirty ones in. Then I separated the chicken breasts into freezer bags while he took out the garbage and recycles. I helped him take out tot he curb an old chair that's been in the garage for years. We're finally gonna start getting rid of a bunch of the items that have been in there taking up space forever.

After all that we headed back downstairs and watched one of the Grey's that was taking space on the DVR. By the time that ended the evening game had started and since he had 3 players (2 on Washington's team and 1 on the other) he wanted to watch it. At half time when none of his players were getting any points for him and he was losing both his fantasy games he gave up the ghost and we went back to watching more recorded shows. In between I made us some chicken, rice and garlic bread for dinner.

I went up to bed around 11:30 and he followed shortly after. I forgot he was going in at 3:00am to make up the time owed to his coworker who had come in early for him to be able to leave earlier in the day to be able to watch the end of the game. I had started to feel kind of sick earlier, my stomach was feeling kind of sour, so I took a couple swigs of some off brand Maalox and went to sleep. When his alarm went off at 2:00 and I woke up I was still feeling off. I got up to go to the bathroom and while peeing started to feel like I was gonna puke. So sat on the edge of the tub in anticipation. But rather than vomiting I ended up having to take a shit. Actually felt a little better right away so went back to bed. When I got up this morning I was all better. So whatever it was has gone away, very happy for that, can't afford any more days off.

Media quote of the day: just a snippet of California Songs by Local H

And here we go again
It's never gonna end
We're all so sick of California songs
Yeah we know you love L.A.
There's nothing left to say
Please no more California songs
And fuck New York Too

No comments: