Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weekend Update 1/21-24/11

So I don't remember what we did on Friday, must have just hung around the house as we do most nights catching up on the dvr'd shows.

Saturday HDT had to work his 8 hour day. I got ready to go to my mom's for the day. After dropping off HDT's camera to him and running to the store to pick up whipping cream and strawberries I got to mom's just after noon. My stepdad's birthday is the 24th and since it's his first birthday after his passing last September mom wanted to have a gathering/birthday party for him with just his remaining sibling, his kids and mom's kids. Two of his grandsons with their wife & girlfriend came as well. And Scott's and Wayne's kids came too.

It was nice, we had some good food and good visiting. His daughter Wendy and I were the last to leave just after 10:00. Roy left to go stay the night with Jason so mom was left by herself afterward. I felt bad for her but I think at the same time she was rather relieved to be alone for awhile.

Sunday HDT had to work and I got up and went to Scott's for the Bears/Packers game. Jason, Roy and mom all went as well. Very sad game but I do have to say I wasn't surprised really. I hate to have to do it but I guess I'll be cheering for the Packers in the Superbowl. I don't care for them at all, no way, no how but since they're NFC I feel I should.

And the Cutler debacle..... I'm sorry but after hearing how so many other players over the years have played with broken bones, lacerated kidney, burst spleen, etc., etc. I think he could have played with a bruised knee. But whatever.

I watched a few minutes of the Jets/Steelers game then headed home since HDT was getting off at 6:00. Turns out I was texting him at 7:00 to find out when he'd be home. He was working on training stuff and didn't realize how late it already was. He had left over pizza from earlier in the day so I heated the oven up so all we had to do was put it in to warm it up for dinner. We watched the rest of the game and then a tv show or two and then I went up to read for a bit before finally getting tired enough to sleep around 11:30.

So it was a sad in some ways but at the same time nice weekend.

Media quote of the day:

“All I’m saying is that he can finish the game on a hurt knee … I played the whole season on one,” tweeted Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew.

"Players around the league you said, right?” Urlacher said when asked about the Cutler criticism. “Yeah, love jealous people when they’re watching our game on TV while their season is over.”

Both quotes from this
Yahoo Sports article.

No comments: