Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Back pain

My lower back is in such pain right now. I don't know if it's because I slept wrong or what but about a week ago it started hurting. It wasn't too bad, more annoying than anything else. Then I mowed, bagged and raked the last of the leaves on Friday and that definitely made it hurt worse. I could barely move that night but I took a nice hot bath and some Aleve and that seemed to help some. H Ditty says it'll take awhile for it to stop since it is back pain and that seems to take the longest to heal. But damn, today it hurts worse than any other day. I've been sitting here with a heating pad hoping it'll help but not so far. When I got up a little while ago to reheat the pad (it's a microwave kind) it hurt like a motherfuck to stand and then walk up the stairs to the kitchen. I took some Motrin when I got back to my seat so I'm hoping that'll kick in soon.

Update on the job progress. Last Tuesday Wendi, my headhunter I guess you'd call her, had told me there was a possibility that she wouldn't be in on Wed because of her aunt dying of cancer. Sure enough I got a call at 8:15 Wed. morning from her office saying she wasn't going to be in that day. As soon as she was back she'd call to reschedule me. I didn't hear from her until Monday morning. So I figured her aunt had died. So she calls me Monday, she's booked through the rest of the day but would like to schedule me for Tuesday. I say that I had some things to take care of in the morning but I could make it in in the afternoon. She said she'd check out her schedule and call me back. She didn't call back at all Monday or early Tuesday. So around 9:45 or so I called and they tell me she's no longer working there and they're in the process of reassigning all of her clients. They'll have to call me back once I've been given to someone else and that person will schedule me to come in. It's now 4:25 on Wednesday afternoon and I haven't heard back from anyone. So I've decided that if and when they do I'll do the other route with them. Which is, you've got my info if any company happens to request someone with my credentials then set up an interview for me but I'm not going to be coming in everyday anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that using them has actually hindered me more than helped. Not that Wendi did a poor job because I don't think that at all. I really liked her, I feel like we could have been friends outside of that environment. Plus she really did get a hold of a lot of companies, they just weren't hiring.

Anyway, what I meant by hindering me is that if a company were to hire me they would have to pay the employment agency a fee and unless said company hired them to find them someone they won't want to pay that fee. So I'm thinking that most if not all of the places we sent my resume too that had advertised in the paper didn't want to interview me because my resume came from the employment agency and they didn't want to pay for me. The last job I got was the first and only place I sent my resume to. Yeah, it turned out it wasn't the place for me but so what. It just shows that I do have what someone would want so I'm gonna go it on my own for awhile and see how it goes. Wish me luck.


So tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I don't know if I'll be around to post anything because we're supposed to be going to H Ditty's dad's house, his grandmother's house and my mother's house. His dad's day starts at noon, we haven't heard about his grandmother's yet and my mom's is at 4:00. So we know we'll end the day at her house, just not sure if we'll be going to dad's or grandma's first and at what times. It's gonna be a long day but hopefully it will end in front of a nice bonfire at mom's. The weather is supposed to be nice and as long as it holds up she's gonna have a fire going by 7. And I'll be having me a long island ice tea or at the very least a glass of Irish cream in hand in front of that fire.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who celebrates it and of those of you who don't...Happy Thursday!

Media quote of the day: [to Izzy about being late for Thanksgiving dinner] Today I committed bird murder, and I was forced to touch my dad's ass. I get extra points for showing up at all. - Dr. George O'Malley from Grey's Anatomy. Mmmmm, I love me some George.

No comments: