Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend update

Friday after leaving the employment agency I called the dealership where I bought my truck from and made an appointment for them to look at it. I've been getting a low brake fluid warning for a couple weeks now. On Friday it happened 7 times, 4 of those on the way to the dealership. Turns out it wasn't the fluid but the brakes themselves. $225.00 later they're fixed. That hurts when a bitch ain't working yet. Thank God for credit cards.

Saturday was poker night. I came in 2nd, again!! It's my own fault though. I was up 3 to 1 in chips and during one hand I was milking him. I just kept placing 100 dollar bets. Then the last card was flipped. He had already bet half of his chips or I should say called with half his chips, so he decided to make a play and go all in. I called. He sucked out on the river, got a straight to the king. I only had a pair before but the river also gave me a straight, but just to the jack. So that put us pretty much even in chips. After that mine just kind of dwindled away and he ended up winning it all. If I would have just bet high after the flop or maybe even after the turn he would've folded. Oh well, there's always next month.

Yesterday we watched the game that sucked. Saints also should've won but they let themselves loose too. They basically gave the game to the Steelers. Oh well, there's always next week.

Today I went back to the employment agency. Didn't get as much accomplished since she saw me inbetween other clients, more so than normal. But then I didn't have an actual appointment, we both knew that was how it was going to go. I do have an appointment for tomorrow so we should get a lot more done. Not knowing quickbooks is hurting me though. There have been a shit load of companies that want someone with quickbooks knowledge and I don't have it. It won't take me long to learn though, they just have to give me a chance.

Media quote of the day: In my club, I will splash the pot whenever the fuck I please. - Teddy KGB (John Malkovich) in Rounders

No comments: