Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Date Night

So I got home yesterday and HDT was in the shower and asks me what I want to do for the evening. I said I didn't know and asked him what he wanted to do. He asked if I'd like to go out to dinner and a movie. He said a sit down dinner even. I got all giddy, he hardly ever wants to go to a sit down restaurant. He let me pick and since I had a hankerin for a steak I decided on Lone Star. We haven't been there in forever. He asked if I wanted to invite anyone along, not for dinner but for the movie. And I said nope, we haven't had an actual date night for I don't know how long where we go to dinner and a movie, I wanted to keep it for ourselves.

He got a Texas Tea and I got a, hmm, now I can't remember the name of it. But basically it was a lemonade mixed drink. It was nice and sweet. Normally I'd get a tea as well but I felt more like something sweet instead of tart. He got a sirloin with broccoli and au gratin potatoes. I got garlic medallions on a bed of rice with broccoli and steak fries. I hate au gratin potatoes but he pushed me to try a bite so I did. It was so damn disgusting I couldn't help but make a face, which promptly cracked him up. I was finally able to swallow them but had to take a quick swallow of my drink right after to get that nasty ass taste out of my mouth.

We both agreed that what we got was pretty damn good and we'll be getting it again the next time we go.

After we went to Best Buy so he could get a charger for his phone and of course got a few new cd's. That place is almost like Sam's Club, can't go in and just get what you went for, almost always walk out with something else.

Then we went to see Despicable Me. He actually seemed to like it more than me which is unusual. Not that I didn't like it, it's just that it wasn't as funny as I expected it to be. Things that were obviously supposed to be funny just weren't. But the kids were pretty damn cute and those little yellow pill like things were also cute and funny.

So over all it was a really good date night. He even drove, which I really really liked. But of course he did, he has a new Jeep that he has to drive around.

Media quote of the day: The Simpsons - Boy Meets Curl

Date Night: It's the embalming fluid that keeps the mummy of a marriage fresh after the heart and brain have been pulled out through the nose. - Lenny Leonard

I never should've given you that Egyptology book. - Carl Carlson

No comments: