Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend update

So Friday night HDT's youngest sister and their mom came over and we went out to dinner and a movie. We went to see Inception which I really liked but I don't think the other girls liked it much and HDT didn't like as much as me, although he did enjoy it.

It was late by the time we got out of there so they went to his sister's house for the night, I went to bed and HDT stayed up to play Call of Duty, of course. He finally came to bed around 5:30ish and at 9:30ish there was a loud knocking on our back door. They were there to bring us up to date on the saga of sis and her asshole exboyfriend. He just broke up with her a little earlier in the week and Friday night he texts her asking why she took his Swiffer. She calls him to say she didn't take it, she borrowed it several months earlier and they just never took it back to his place. So the next morning she takes it back to his place, of which she has a key. So she lets herself in and proceeds to find him in bed with another girl already.

So she of course is devastated. But HDT and I were trying to tell her it's what a lot of guys do, for many different reasons. And one of the best is as HDT told her, a guy doesn't need emotions to go to bed with a girl all he needs is a libido. And as I told her, they get over one relationship easier with a distraction and what's a better distraction than another girl in his bed.

So yeah, they hung out all day discussing it all over and over. Finally around 4:30 they decided to head back to her place and she was gonna take a nap and then get ready to go to a party with HDT and I for one of his coworkers.

We picked her up at 9:20 and made it out there by 10:00. Which normally wouldn't be late for a Saturday party but it started at 3:30. But that's ok, there were people that showed up even after us. Everyone kept asking her were the boyfriend was and so she had to keep telling everyone that they broke up. He's also a coworker of HDT and the host and so many other party goers. So I kept giving her shots and taking them along with her.

Around 1:00 we finally left along with one of the coworkers and went to an all night restaurant to get some breakfast. We dropped her off afterward and once we got home I went straight to bed and HDT played Call of Duty. Anyone notice a pattern? Yep, that's the usual in our household. But this time he didn't stay up all night.

Sunday he got up about 9:30 to go to a friends house to hang out and I stayed in bed. I had to get up at 7:20 to let the dog go to the bathroom and feed everyone. Then he decided he had to go to the bathroom again at 8:30. Then HDT's alarm started to go off at 8:50. So yeah, after he got up and I had piece again I was able to finally fall back asleep. Next thing I know I'm waking up at 12:20. But I felt well rested.

I was lazy and did some reading and then started in on season 2 of Grey's Anatomy until he came home. We watched some of the recorded shows until his sister came over to cut his hair. After that I went back to Grey's and they went online to do some things.

So it was an eventful weekend but relaxing just the same.

Media quote of the day:

What's the most resilient parasite? An Idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities. An idea can transform the world and rewrite all the rules. Which is why I have to steal it. - Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) - Inception

He's the asshole, Annie, the guy who puts us here. Remember that, ok? - Keanu Reeves
Big asshole. - Sandra Bullock Speed

No comments: