Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I'm freakin' out!!

I haven't heard anything yet but that's ok. I can't help worrying about it all. I've never worked any place so large or fast paced like they are. Every place I've been although professional and all they've been pretty laid back. This place may be in some ways but more than one person mentioned how they're sticklers for the paperwork and phone calls, etc. etc. It's too much to go into detail here just know that they didn't use the words but they came close to calling themselves anal retentive. I've never been nor have I ever worked for someone like that. Yes my last place of employment was a bit more regimented than the others and Bossman 1 was a bit of a control freak but he wasn't anal about anything.

Also, although I told them and felt at the time, the drive wasn't a huge deal, the more I think about it the more I'm not sure I want to do that drive. I just don't know. There's been a few times over the course of today that I've prayed they give it to someone else. Although I've got the experience I'm hoping one of the other candidates has it also, maybe even on a closer level of volume, and lives closer so it'd be easier for them to choose her/him.

H Ditty thought that I was feeling this way because I really don't want to go back to work. It's not that at all, it really and truly is the sticklerness and largeness of the company that's freakin' me out. But he's trying to bolster my confidence, bless his heart, it ain't workin'. Heh

ANYWAY! On a lighter note...

I've finally decided to try out Netflix. I know, one of the last ones out there to do so. But my brother and SIL swear by it and she emailed me a two week free trial for it. We had missed the very last two shows of 24 last season so that's what I put first, the last disc so we can see it before the new season starts next month. I've already put 26 movies/tv shows in the line up just incase I decide to stick with it, which I'm thinking I will.

Welp, I'm off to go make carrot cookies for Christmas with the family. I should be out shopping, we still have about 6 people to buy for but I just don't feel like going out today.

Media quote of the day: I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life. - Jack Bauer from the 1st season of 24

No comments: