Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Weekend and 1st half of week update

Saturday was boring, nuff said.

Sunday we had two of our friends over to watch the Saints game. Wait, let me amend that, the fucking kickass Saints game. The beginning had us scared. The 49ers looked like they came to play some football and were giving the Saints a run for their money. But then Reggie Bush decided to show everyone why he went first in the draft and why he's worth all the money the Saints paid for him. He had 4 touchdowns. Wow, just wow. I think he's finally figured out how to play in the NFL. Which, for those of you who don't know, is fucking hard as hell compared to college. Before I learned I always thought it wasn't that big of a leap between the two but it's a huge fucking leap. The guys had to leave before the game ended which was fine since HD had to go back to bed right after it ended since he had to go to work later.

I sent him off to work and made myself dinner. I decided to have popcorn chicken with fries. Now, I had forgotten I had this chicken. We have a small stand alone freezer and we actually don't use it that often. It's mainly used to hold the extra frozen dinners we'll buy when they're on sale. I had to get one of those for HD to take to work and I saw the bag of chicken and decided that's what I wanted for dinner. I noticed some kind of ink stamp over the directions so I looked closely and it was a date stamp. It said "best if used by December 2005." Proof that we don't use that freezer all that much. But I figured they'd be fine, the bag had never been opened so at the most they might not taste as good as they would if they were fresh. I was right, they weren't the best but they weren't that bad either.

I had a brownie for desert. About 3 hours later after I couldn't stand my back hurting anymore I decided to take another hydrocodone pill. Another 15 minutes went by and I was in a munching mood so I had a handful of Frito Scoops.

By 9:45 my stomach wasn't feeling so well. I figured it was from the pill since I was feeling the affects of it. A little light headed and the pain was subsiding. Now the two times before when I took a pill I only had the light headed feeling for about an hour or so and then I got really tired. So I figured the Fritos were what was affecting my stomach more than the pill.

It wasn't until I was upchucking at 10pm that I decided it was the chicken. That makes more sense, especially since I upchucked two more times. My throat hurt afterward and my body was all shaky/jittery.

Right before my first upchuck my mom called and tells me one of my 2nd cousins was found dead in Chicago. Right now they're thinking freezing to death since he was found outside, no physical trauma and all of his belongings still on him. I used to babysit him from when I was 12/13 until I moved to Louisiana when I was 16. Him and his older brother. It's very hard for me to fathom this. Now, I haven't seen him since he was just a teenager, at one of the last family reunions. But that doesn't matter. It's one of those things, ya know? He's a family member, one younger than me at that, I expected him to be around for a long time to come, that I'd see him again one day. Maybe at his wedding or his brother's wedding. It's just so damn weird. I'll be going to his wake tonight and probably the funeral tomorrow.

In lighter news... It sounds like H Ditty's sister only had an intestinal infection. The doctor told her that if this happens again then it might end up being Crohn's disease but it would definitely be a very mild case of it. I guess she's supposed to meet him at some point to go over diet and preventive things.

We went to see Stranger Than Fiction with HD Sr yesterday. It was pretty good. I knew it wasn't a full blown comedy but I didn't expect that much drama either. I'd say it was more a serious film than anything else. But it was still very good. I thought Will Ferrell did a very fine job. And I love Queen Latifah in anything she does.

Both his sisters and their boyfriends came over last night also. We watched Office Space then the older sister had to leave to get to her son. The younger and her boyfriend stuck around and we played Texas Hold'em. Not for money though. She's still learning, had just started playing a few weeks ago. The boyfriend is still in the learning stages too but he knows more than she does. After they left H Ditty and I talked about how it was fun watching her get all excited, especially since there wasn't any money involved. She ended up winning too.

So that's what's been going on in my boring life right now.

No comments: