Saturday, June 23, 2007

Movie reviews

We saw a couple movies last night. Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer and 1408. We both agree Silver Surfer was basically stupid. There were some good parts though so we both give it a C- maybe a C. There had been a small discussion of seeing Evan Almighty instead. But he decided he could wait for the DVD, although I don't want to I said ok since Silver Surfer is more of a "Big Screen" type film. Yeah, we should've seen Evan Almighty.

1408 was better. John Cusack did a great job as did Samuel L. Jackson as the hotel manager. There were some really good spooky parts. There were some typical scary movie spooky parts. I thought the ending could have been a little better though. So I give it a B, HD gave it B maybe B-.

I think the last time I was in a theater where the audience was completely quiet (for the most part) was back for The Sixth Sense. Everyone was so into watching this that you could almost feel the tension in that huge room. There were the normal sounds of a sneeze here, a cough there but except for the two people just to my left it was one quiet room.

The two to my left...When they first started to talk to each other (about 1/2 way in) they were fairly quiet and the only reason I heard them was because the rest of the audience was so quiet. Then as they continued to talk they got a little louder each time. They never actually got to a full voice but they weren't far from it. Then near the end the chick's cell phone rang. And guess what, she answered it! Can you believe that!?! It rang 3 times and she answered it 3 times. Rude ass people.

But over all it was a nice night out. After, we came home and finished off watching Everybody Loves Raymond's 7th season. I got into bed around 1:45 and he crawled in close to 4:00. As far as either of us know there's no plans for today so I think we'll be lazy today. Especially since tomorrow will be filled with helping his sister move. Yeah, that's gonna be fun in the 85 degree and sunny weather. UGH!

Media quote of the day: That room is fucking evil. - Gerald Olin - 1408 (AKA the Baddest Motherfucker in the room, AKA Samuel L. Jackson)

No comments: