Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Yep, I'm talking about the trip again.

So I'm slowly moving forward in the twitter department. I haven't done one yet at all but I've chosen several people and companies to follow. I went ahead and put in the widget on the sidebar for whenever I actually do start to tweet.

I have a feeling I'll do some while on vaca. Speaking of which I need to go ask for some more time off....

So I was just given permission for the two extra days off, we're now heading down on the 7th and will be leaving to come back on the 11th. Scott (HDT's co-worker not my brother) wants to be back in time for the Bears game at noon on Sunday. So we'll be leaving Sat. afternoon some time.

We may be stopping on the way down in Taylorville, IL for some early cajun food. HDT and I met a guy last year on our way home from the Saints/Rams game. He owns a cajun restaurant in Taylorville and told us to stop in any time, call him ahead of time so he knows we're on our way, and he'll hook us up with some awesome food.

My mom and I had gone down there in December. I have an aunt and some cousins that live in Taylorville and we all went there for dinner. It was really very good and he did remember me. I felt bad that HDT wasn't with us but they all insisted on going once my mom talked it up. And it was good, I can't wait to go back.

This is the part I hate though, when all I can think about is the upcoming vacation. Time doesn't move fast enough for the most part and then when you want it to slow down (when packing, etc) it seems to speed up. But all I want to do is go online and go to all sorts of websites to see what deals I can get for us while we're down there.

I've already printed out some coupons from
neworleansonline.com that I know will get put to use. And I also looked up hotel rates and at least for one of the ones we're looking at it's cheaper to go through them than the other ways I've been researching.

Two weeks from today and we'll be on our way. Yep, can't wait!!

Media quote of the day: Portion of "When the Saints Go Marching In" - Louis Armstrong

Oh when the saints go marching in
When the saints go marching in
Oh lord I want to be in that number
When the saints go marching in

No comments: