Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cookies, I just may make some

So I was tooling around the Internet yesterday and found the Joy of Cooking site and found 14 cookie recipes I want to try out. There're also a few that I found in my Southern Living and Country Living mags and then there's my carrot cookie recipe that's been in my family for years. I've been thinking about doing a lot of baking this Christmas time. Last year would've been better since I wasn't working and had all the time in the world. But no, this is the year that I feel like doing it. Heh

Anyway, some of them seem to be pretty damn easy, others a little more involved. I'm thinking maybe I'll try a couple out this weekend while HDT is working. We shall see.

If we get out of work early today, as our office manager is hoping for, maybe I'll even do one or two of the real easy ones to take to mom's house tomorrow. It's her first Thanksgiving without her husband so we'll spend the whole day there. Well, I will, HDT has to work overtime from 6:00pm - 10:00pm which sucks but it's money at least.

As I'm looking at more and more and printing out more and more of the recipes I'm thinking to myself there's a whole hell of a lot of ingredients in all these. So I opened up excel and went through each recipe and listed the ingredients and as I came across the same ones I'd put how much was needed. Shit loads turns out, 51 in all. And unsalted butter is the most common one. Yeah, these aren't going to be diet friendly one bit. But it's the holidays and when else can you indulge. We'll just have to keep up the work outs and eating as good as possible in between.

Media quote of the day: two from Home for the Holidays (1995) and one from Lost "Hearts and Minds" (2005)

I'm giving thanks that we don't have to go through this for another year. Except we do, because those bastards went and put Christmas right in the middle, just to punish us. - Adele - the late, great Anne Bancroft

Nobody means what they say on Thanksgiving, Mom. You know that. That's what the day's supposed to be all about, right? Torture. - Claudia - the still living but still pretty great Holly Hunter.


Locke? Guy's a freak of nature, highly disturbed. Chances are he probably killed all his mates at the Post Office the day his mum forgot to put a cookie in his lunch tin - Charlie the always great and so damn cute I just wanna pick him up and squish him Dominic Monaghan

No comments: