Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Weekend Update 10/29-31/10

So let's see, I'm drawing a blank on what we did Friday night. Probably not much of anything since this was his weekend to work. I'm thinking we vegged out watching DVR'd shows until he had to go to bed for the night.

Saturday he went to work and I went back to bed until 9:30ish. Took a long, hot bath reading my book. Mom called me to let me know that she and Roy would be by later in the day to chew up the stump from the Magnolia tree. I let her know HDT was actually getting his 8 hour day so he'd be out by 2:00 and we had some shopping to do so we may not be home when they come over.

Sure enough we left by 3:00 and they weren't gonna be by until some time after 4:00. We're planning on getting a treadmill so one of us can be on it while the other is on the elliptical. That way we'll be more inclined to workout at home. We decided on a Precor model (floor model also to save on the payment) to go with our Precor elliptical. The guy works up what our payment should be a month, we agree, so he then works up the sale. On the paper that HDT was to sign all it said was per monthly payment, didn't say what that payment would be. So he tells the sales guy that until it's guaranteed what our payment will be, which he wouldn't know until Monday, he (HDT) won't be signing anything yet. So we let him know we still want it but until Monday we can't sign and we leave to get some dinner. We had pretty much just sat down when the guy calls HDT and tells him the payment after taxes will actually be $24.00 more. He had forgotten to include taxes when we were still at the store.

So we let him know we'd still have to think about it and we'd get back to him on Monday. HDT is still thinking about it today but we do want it so we'll probably end up going with it.

My head had been hurting before we even left the house and it just kept getting worse as the day wore on. I had had a headache on Friday as well. I kept taking ibuprofen and it seemed to get rid of it and then it'd just come back. Saturday it was getting worse because I hadn't eaten much of anything all day and by the time we finished at the workout store it was after 5:00 and I was dieing from the pain. As soon as I got my drink I took 3 more ibuprofen and then after eating some of the bread sticks I could feel it loosening up.

I wanted to go straight home, so did HDT but we had to get the candy for trick or treating the next day. I also had other shopping to do but he nicked that idea. Of course, you can't go into Walmart without looking around some and getting at least one or two more items than what you planned on going in for. But it wasn't bad, we were in and out within 20 minutes or so and at least 5 of that was waiting in line.

By the time we got home it was dark of course and we couldn't really see much of where the stump had been. But we could see enough that there was a pile of tiny, tiny wood chips along with dirt all piled around where the shallow hole is where the stump used to be.

We watched some shows and then he went to bed while I read some of my magazines until close to midnight when I finally felt tired enough to go to sleep.

Sunday he went to work again and after I got up and took three more ibuprofen with breakfast I did a little laundry while watching some of my dvr'd Ghost Hunters show until I had to go upstairs to get ready for the trick or treaters.

Trick or treating was to go from 2:00 to 6:00 which is unusual, it's usually 1:00 - 4:00 but I guess the village finally decided to do it right this time. HDT was worried that we bought too much candy but I figured it wouldn't be so bad since I usually give out 2-3 pieces to each kid. Besides all the fun size candy bars we also got the miniature tootsie rolls. I figured I'd give those to the kids that didn't even try to do a costume along with a few pieces to each of the other kids with their bars. After just an hour my basket was getting pretty low so I refilled it and decided I better cut down on the number of bars and add a few more tootsie rolls. But then after only an hour and a half it tapered down big time. There was just one more little surge of kids and then nothing. From 5:20 to 6:00 I had one kid, he got a huge handful and was very pleased.

Every year it seems like we get less and less kids so this time I decided I was going to keep a tally. Give or take a few kids we only had 37 kids in 4 hours. That's pretty dismal really. So yeah, I guess next year I'll try to remember that and buy less candy no matter what I want to do. If I happen to run out then so be it.

There were a few good costumes but nothing that really stood out this year. Some were repeat costumers I could tell because they were asking questions about the cats and OMG you have a dog now too? It was pretty cute.

After HDT got home from work we had dinner and hung out watching the Saints game. My head had quit hurting after taking the ibuprofen earlier but about 20 minutes or so into the game it started to hurt again. It kept getting worse and worse so since I had Cry Baby on my chest and left shoulder and Poydras curled up on my lap I had HDT go and get me one of my migraine pills. I decided I better go with the hard stuff since the ibuprofen wasn't kicking it away completely. Usually after taking one of those within 20 minutes or so I start to feel the pain releasing but this time I didn't, it actually kept getting worse. So needless to say after the game was done I went to bed.

Football is not a good thing to watch when you have a migraine let me to you. All the tensing up and relaxing, all the cheering and high fiving just adds to the pain. At the very end after the Saints won HDT starts singing the na na na hey hey goodbye song, pretty loudly I might add. I covered my ears and said, "Honey, pain, pain, pain." He was a little sad but he did quit singing.

He came upstairs with me when I went to bed and asked if I needed anything so I had him rub the base of my skull and back of the neck where the pain was really bad. It helped enough that I was able to fall asleep not long after he left the room.

I woke up Monday morning with no migraine but the back of my neck and very top of my back were still sort of tense and felt like I had icy/hot on them. Except it stayed in the icy stage the whole time, kinda weird really. But at least the headache never came back and it's now Tuesday afternoon and still no pain. So yeah, kinda regret not going for the hard stuff by Saturday night. But for some reason I'm reluctant to take them.

Media quote of the day: portion of This is Halloween from The Nightmare Before Christmas

This is Halloween, this is Halloween
Pumpkins scream in the dead of night
This is Halloween everybody make a scene
Trick or treat till the neighbors are gonna die of fright
It's our town, everybody scream
In this town of Halloween

Oh how I absolutely love this movie.

No comments: